TS 16949 Lead Auditor Course vs. Qualifications

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
16949 auditor qualifications

Please see the attached file or this link (broken link removed)
I know that to audit for acreditation audit this is not enough but can anyone tell me if this qualifucation is really worth anything.
Thanks

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
I forgot to add the file and in the edit mode I cannot attach

Attachments

• ex18llet.doc
    31.5 KB · Views: 305
S

Sam

Howard said,
"I know that to audit for acreditation audit this is not enough but can anyone tell me if this qualifucation is really worth anything."

Howard, based on the information you provided it doesn't appear to meet the requirements that an CB's auditor will use during their auditing process. I would check against AIAG auditor agenda.

Ford also has auditor requirements, which, IMO AIAG does not comply with.

S

Steven Truchon

I hope I am interpreting the question correctly here.
If my understanding is correct, by themselves the TS "Lead Auditor" classes conducted by the many companies such as Excel or LRQA or Plexus or..., do not fulfill the requirements for Lead Auditor certification, but it satisfies initial training requirements. The accumulation of qualified audit time depending on the education level of the individual is critical. Then I believe the CB's might have internal requirements beyond that.

Regards,
Steve

T

tomvehoski

I believe to become accredited to conduct TS audits you must go to a course provided by AIAG. To do so you must be sponsored by an accredited registrar. I believe AIAG is the only trainer allowed to conduct these courses. I know the same was true about QS auditor - I wanted to take the official course a few years ago to try to become an auditor. I had a friend that worked for AIAG that told me it was not possible unless one of the registrars sponsored me.

The Excel course says it is RAB and IRCA accredited, but these bodies do not have control over TS. It could be it satisfies the requirements for RAB/IRCA ISO 9001 auditor. I would do some detailed checking before taking the course if you are trying to become a TS registration auditor.

Tom

S

Sam

Tom is corect. I misinterpreted the question and only looked at it from the supplier audit side.

Top Bottom