TS 16949 Logo Use

J

jmp4429

Our company uses a logo on TS 16949 communications that was created/found by someone who no longer works here. Nobody left at the company knows where the logo came from. My boss assumed it was an internally created logo for our own use, but I swear I have seen it before, maybe at the last company I worked for. We even have a flag that flies out front with this logo on it.

I am trying my best to figure out if we own this logo or not, or if it's a logo created by some flag company, or an official TS logo, or what's going on.

The logo is a white background with a line drawing car zipping along a road that wraps around the globe. It looks rather like a logo Google found at another company's website, but in different colors.

Basically, I have no idea what's going on here. Can anyone shed some light on the subject of standards related logos and flags?

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
I can offer a variety of answers, ranging from frivolous to serious, in-depth discourse on the topic of trademarks and logos.

Before I go into an answer somewhere in that gamut, tell me who and why anybody in your company cares. If you are using someone's logo without permission, most likely the worst penalty is that someone will say so and tell you to stop using it or pay a license fee to continue using it.

If it is your logo, you need the help of an attorney specializing in intellectual property law to help you register the logo to prevent others from using it without YOUR permission.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
jmp4429 said:
The logo is a white background with a line drawing car zipping along a road that wraps around the globe. It looks rather like a logo Google found at another company's website, but in different colors.

Basically, I have no idea what's going on here. Can anyone shed some light on the subject of standards related logos and flags?
I saw the logo on your website and it does not appear to be an official logo, or a "certification mark". If you look at page 1 of your TS certificate, you will see at the bottom your Registrar's logo on the left and the IATF logo on the right. Those logos you need to be careful about where and how you display them, but your registrar can give you the directions about it's usage.

The logo you are concerned with, to the best of my knowledge is not copyrighted. So, you should be able to use it, at your discretion. It does resemble the other one you found for the company starting with an "H" and LA Plant below. Don't sweat it

J

jmp4429

Thanks for the help!

And Wes, let's just say we had a little bit of logo drama recently and now we're all on edge about it! :rolleyes:

Top Bottom