TS 16949 Quality Manual Templates - Lots of free examples and great discussion!

D

Dave Johnson

process interactions

First post, so don't know if this will get through. I've been brousing here for a month now. All of you have been VERY helpful!! Thanks!!!

Hello dbzmzn!
I agree with Mr Morrow, but be sure to include ALL your processes, not just the manufacturing flowcharts. (Employee Motivation, how you determine customer satisfaction, and the other requirements of the standard).

By the way, I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this myself. I've tried a cross-functional flowchart, a responsibility matrix, and written descriptions (similar to a written procedure) to describe our processes (for a design responsible company employing 150 people). They all have their good and bad points, as far as explaning the processes. What have all of you found to be the best?

S

Sam

Interaction - could be a matrix showing which processes link to each other.

H

hooked

Quality Manual

Hi Mick,

I also am a new user of the Cove but have been visiting for a while, can I suggest you talk to SMMT and have one of their reps in. We have done this on our site and they were extremely helpful and have helped to drive our certification process, and their prices are good too.

PS I no don't work for them nor have done, I have simply had the pleasure of working with them

Dave

D

damanhill

qualtiy manual

please please someone help me i am lost with this manual business especially with the process bits that have to be added mine is not making sense someone send me draft version as template so that i can see if i am way off the mark or not too far from the way to do it.

B

Brian Dowsett

Hello,

When I did manuals for ISO9000 and QS9000, I went through each element, describing how we met it and where the procedures/evidence etc could be found.
This was a pain in the arse but did give some confidence that all clauses were addressed and showed up where we were a bit flaky.
Now with TS16949 we don't have to go clause by clause, we can have a little skinny manual - yippee.
However, we're encouraged to download and fill in the "Process identification tool"
This involves much skipping about different excel worksheets but to my eyes then gets the victim to look at each clause and sub-clause of the standard and fill in how it is met, what procedures apply and where is the evidence.
Sounds familiar.......
Maybe I interpretted it wrong, but I gave up and went back to listing each clause in the manual - it was much easier.
Has anyone come to a similar conclusion?

Brian

"I said "'I'm so happy I could die"
she said "drop dead" and left with another guy" E.Costello

C

CINDY

Brian Dowsett

I agree. I also have two other standards that are included in our manual and found it much easier to list the clause in the manual.

While I was developing the manual, procedures, forms, flow charts etc, I maintained a database that tracked exactly where in the manual I could find the reference and the same for the procedures. I did not tract forms and such because the procedures are hyperlinked to them. This tracking process allowed my to complete some of my documentation in record time. I did not have to flip anywhere, I simply did a print out. This method was a bit more work at first, but continues to make my life easier. I also used this database to develop audit criteria and agendas, track forms, revisions, corrective actions, continuous improvements etc. I don't have a lot of knowledge of databases, but was able to develop and usefull and simple one.

S

Staci

ralphsulser said:
Is ISO9K2K registration a prerequesite to implementation of TS16949, or is TS a stand alone standard, or are they concurrent?

ISO9000:2000 is not a prerequesite to TS16949. My company was ISO9001:1994 so we opted to upgrade to ISO9000:2000 then work on our TS16949 certification. The reasoning behind this is that if you are ISO9001:1994 you have to be upgraded to 2000 before December. Also, I have done all the work in my upgrade to format to the 2000 standard which is what the TS16949 is in. Now I have to add all the supplemental things from TS16949 in and then check the customer specific requirements to make sure those are met. Any tips would be great!!!!

S

Staci

Brian Dowsett said:
Hello,

When I did manuals for ISO9000 and QS9000, I went through each element, describing how we met it and where the procedures/evidence etc could be found.
This was a pain in the arse but did give some confidence that all clauses were addressed and showed up where we were a bit flaky.
Now with TS16949 we don't have to go clause by clause, we can have a little skinny manual - yippee.
However, we're encouraged to download and fill in the "Process identification tool"
This involves much skipping about different excel worksheets but to my eyes then gets the victim to look at each clause and sub-clause of the standard and fill in how it is met, what procedures apply and where is the evidence.
Sounds familiar.......
Maybe I interpretted it wrong, but I gave up and went back to listing each clause in the manual - it was much easier.
Has anyone come to a similar conclusion?

Brian

"I said "'I'm so happy I could die"
she said "drop dead" and left with another guy" E.Costello
I created my manual in word then linked my flowcharts, forms, process assessment worksheets and sops. This works great for me but my registrar told me that these are part of my quality manual now and when I update them I will have to send them a revised copy of the whole manual. I found that a database is great for tracking.

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
If I understand what you said, I disagree with your registrar. Tell your registrar that forms, flowcharts, SOPs, etc. are not a part of the manual, but are referenced in the manual. To me a link is no different than a reference to an outside document. It's absolutely ludicrous for them to expect you to send your entire document system to them any time you change one document!

S

Sam

Discuss this with your registrar if it presents a problem. They do need a copy of the changed document so that they can review the changes prior to auditing your facility.

Top Bottom