TS 16949 Quality Manual Templates - Lots of free examples and great discussion!

M

Michelle W.

We are in the situation where a consultant compiled a Quality Manual for us and it is a huge document!!! We are aiming to simplify the whole system and make it more user friendly and value adding. One area that needs urgent attention is our Quality Manual because it is not being looked at by anyone, due to the fact that it is basically a replica of the ISO/TS standard. I would appreciate it if you could e-mail me examples of your Quality Manuals, where possible, so I can have a good idea where to start with simplifying the manual but still meeting the requirements of TS.

S

samuelng1

Gap Analysis

Hi Don Wood and the rest of you fellas,

This is my first time posting in this forum. I have been searching for a gap analysis between ISO 9001:2000 and TS 16949. However, I have not been successful.

Thanks guys and gals,

Best Regards
Thunderlord

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
samuelng1 said:
Hi Don Wood and the rest of you fellas,

This is my first time posting in this forum. I have been searching for a gap analysis between ISO 9001:2000 and TS 16949. However, I have not been successful.

Should there be anyone with this gap analysis, please email me at [email protected].

Thanks guys and gals,

Best Regards
Thunderlord
I posted a checklist here that may be useful to you. If you need it emailed, let me know...

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
Hi Michelle -

That's the checklist I emailed to you last Thursday... :D

M

Michelle W.

howste said:
Hi Michelle -

That's the checklist I emailed to you last Thursday... :D

Whoops!!!! I am sorry. At the moment I don't know if I coming or going. I am just looking for as much help as possible....

Hello Helpful Ones:
I've been lurking here for years and finally managed to get the software to register me. I hope to give as good as I have received. I was project mgr. and QA mgr. for a successful ISO9001-1994 registration at a 2 site, 250 employee, $50m/year co. in 1998 (we converted from a 10CFR50, Appendix B [nuke] system in 9 months). Much help was received here. I am working on convincing "Top Management" at my current employer that a TS2 registration is worth it. Anyway, I don't have any TS16949 experience other than common sense, so take the following with salt:
Word 97 TS16949 "parrot-back" manual (TS2 requirements in blue text)
Word 97 ISO9k2k "short-as-i-can-make-it" manual (this requires one of the interaction descriptions)
Excel 97 "inputs and outputs by section" that IMO covers the interaction of processes verbage
PDF "process map" of the inputs and outputs by section (note that our customer communication section includes internal customer satisfaction ratings and workplace organization ratings so your results may vary).

I was inspired by damonhill's ideal of a 5 page manual. I carefully considered where the information required by each TS2 section would come from and where the output would go. Also, I pared 4.2.2 down to the bare minimum required in the QAM.

Comments encouraged and appreciated,
I hope Marc doesn't kill me for the massive upload,
John Humphries
Vanner, Inc.

Attachments

• QAM-TS16949.doc
    171 KB · Views: 1,581
  • QAM9001-2000short.doc
    59.5 KB · Views: 1,093
  • ISO Inputs and Outputs.xls
    48.5 KB · Views: 1,636
  • ISO Inputs and Outputs Map.pdf
    47.6 KB · Views: 1,605
S

SteelWoman

I'm neck/eyeball deep in same process of paring down a HUGE QS manual and program to something more sensible for TS. We are finding some procedures are flat out being eliminated (ie, Business Plan) and we're doing a LOT of combining, so I guess we'll end up with something like half the number of procedures.

T

tattva

Process Interaction

Hi! Everybody

I´ve been developing process interaction diagram and have come to this
please I´d like some feedback about it, any comment positive or negative.

Thanks in advance

:bigwave:

Attachments

• Process interaction.ppt
    62 KB · Views: 2,168
S

SteelWoman

It's not that dis-similar to the one we're working on here, but we started out with listing all the applicable docs and standards sections and such as you have here and then abandoned that in favor of KISS (keep it simple) and use another excel document to make all those types of connections.

Top Bottom