TS 16949 Quality Manual Templates - Lots of free examples and great discussion!

S

Shaun Daly

tattva, if you created that in powerpoint you must have the patience of a saint! (Get a copy of Visio, well worth the expense).

I will be honest & say I find it a bit hard on the eye. If I had inherited that, I would stick a number in each process box, and have a matrix as an appendix crossreferencing your red procedure numbers? to the box number. Maybe strip the clause references out into the matrix as well.

The square boundary boxes I would change to solid coloured lines.

I would then annotate the arrow lines between the boxes & say WHAT was transferring (the Input/Output).

Icy Mountain,

Your Objectives in the short QM seem a bit vauge - dont they have to be measurable? Your QP says "We define quality in electronics as
robust design, reliability, and safety of product operation". Shouldnt one of your Quality Goals be "Ensure average reliability of 10,0000 hours MBTF" or something like that.

Check out this thread on Objectives;

http://Elsmar.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=6430

Especially the attachment posted by howste.

Now the map, is that really a map of the processess of YOUR company, or all the clauses of TS rearranged?

No offense given to anyone - only my opinion (right or wrong) that was asked for :)

T

tattva

Opinion

Non taken! I asked for this

But perhaps You can let us take a look at yours and then redisgn ours. Don´tu think? :thedeal:

Shaun Daly said:
Your Objectives in the short QM seem a bit vauge - dont they have to be measurable? Your QP says "We define quality in electronics as
robust design, reliability, and safety of product operation". Shouldnt one of your Quality Goals be "Ensure average reliability of 10,0000 hours MBTF" or something like that.

Now the map, is that really a map of the processess of YOUR company, or all the clauses of TS rearranged?
Shaun,
Hey, I asked for it!
Yeah, the Objectives are vague and lame. 5.4.1: "Top management shall ensure that quality objectives..." and they are not on board yet. :frust: Yours will be the first example I use when I lead them through the establishment of "...measurable and consistent with the quality policy."
I should have explained the map better. I ignored the TS subclauses in the SHORT manual and map, since I plan to cover all but the most specific clauses in my ISO QAPs (e.g. QAP 7.5.5 will cover 7.5.5.1 as well, but I will probably have a specific QAP for 7.5.1.5 since we do have an interesting tooling mgmt system). :eek: We use a Team Based Organization model where internal "teams" are suppliers/customers in the product realization chain. They rate each other for customer satisfaction and "workplace organization" (6.4). Therefore, sections 5.2, 5.5.3, 6.4, 7.2.3 and 8.2.1 may be tangled up in ways that would not fit an organization with an internal communication system that is not process integrated. It is an example. Like everything in these forums you must understand the standard and adapt it to your system. I sent the editable Visio 2000 file to Marc so he could put it in the premiums.
-John

G

galcantar

tattva said:
Hi! Everybody

I´ve been developing process interaction diagram and have come to this
please I´d like some feedback about it, any comment positive or negative.

Thanks in advance

:bigwave:

Good job !

Desde mi punto de vista se ve completo..

Los PTC, PTP, etc, son lo sprocedimientos/ intrucciones que cubren cada proceso ?

Que tipo de programa utilizaste ?

T

tattva

Re: TS 16949 Quality Manual

Believe it or not! I used powerpoint, someone said i had the patience of a saint to do this in powerpoint. I don´t think I´ve that patience.

De cualquier manera gracias

:bigwave:

L

lday38

Changes to document -reading & training

I have the quality manaual and procedures for Ts 16949. However last week we started our internal audits and a supervisor and an employee in charge of purchasing stated to the auditor they didnt read the procedures. TS 16949 training using the requirements of the standard was given to all employees. The manual and procedures were available to them over 6 weeks. This is a small company with very little time to get together. Any ideas how to facilitate the process and ensure or at least establish objective evidence that these documents are being read and used.
When a work instruction changes we state that the supervisor is responsible for reviewing the chnage with all personnel. I would like more involvement and to see training documented with each change but time and people restraints are not going to allow this.
I would appreciate ideas.
For those still looking, i do have a manual to share

S

Sam

IDAY38,
List the required documents on your training records and require that the employee, including the supervisor, sign the record indicating they have read and have been trained in the contents of the document.

G

galcantar

Sam said:
IDAY38,
List the required documents on your training records and require that the employee, including the supervisor, sign the record indicating they have read and have been trained in the contents of the document.

That's what we are trying to do... doint it you have "training evidence" and nobody can't say that "nobody told me that" or "nobody train me" or "I dont remember", etc
;)

D

damanhill

Ts 16949

just had our assessment and have been recommended for certifiaction on closure of the few minor NC's found at audit. i am well chuffed not bad for 4.5 months work solidly to get this job done. my manual was even praised in my report as extremely good and this cheered me up and will cheer up all those people i have sent it too. they said it was the shortest but concise well written manual they had seen 17 pages not bad when 3 of those are contents page, front & back cover. as you can see i am well chuffed as i can relax now that the nightmare of TS is over i have 3 NC's to close off and then i can ask for a pay rise.!!!!

catch you all later
daman

Top Bottom