Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo Especially for content not in the forum
Such as files in the Cove "Members" Directory

TS 16949 Sampling Plan Information - List the specific dimensions for each piece?

M

mack1

We are a TS16949 certified automotive supplier. We currently adhere to the AIAG sampling plan listing a certain number of pieces checked per lot quantity. The question is...do we need to list the specific dimensions for each piece or can we list the dimensional range for the lot?

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
We are a TS16949 certified automotive supplier. We currently adhere to the AIAG sampling plan listing a certain number of pieces checked per lot quantity. The question is...do we need to list the specific dimensions for each piece or can we list the dimensional range for the lot?
Welcome to The Cove Forums!! :bigwave: :bigwave:

What "AIAG Sampling Plan" are you referring to?

Stijloor.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no longer a sampling plan available from AIAG; there was one in the old QS9000 standard, and there are several others out there that can be used.

To get back to your question, it would depend on what you (and your customer) want to get out of it. If the characteristics are criticals or significants, I would strongly urge you to collect the data and use it for ongoing analysis; at some time you will want to reduce (or eliminate) your sampling, and this would provide you with the justification that is required.

It may also lead you to further supplier development, if you notice any kinds of trends or indicators.

Kales Veggie

People: The Vital Few
To the best of my knowledge, there is no longer a sampling plan available from AIAG; there was one in the old QS9000 standard, and there are several others out there that can be used.

To get back to your question, it would depend on what you (and your customer) want to get out of it. If the characteristics are criticals or significants, I would strongly urge you to collect the data and use it for ongoing analysis; at some time you will want to reduce (or eliminate) your sampling, and this would provide you with the justification that is required.

It may also lead you to further supplier development, if you notice any kinds of trends or indicators.
I am not aware of an AIAG sampling plan.

Kales Veggie

People: The Vital Few
Are you referring to a dock audit or product audit?

What clause of TS 16949 are you trying to satisfy?

M

mack1

After further investigation, our sampling plan is one that has been used here for years and apparently is not referenced by any standard. Our goal is to reduce the several pages of inspection data into a one page inspection report that lists dimensions one time with the findings being the dimension range for the entire lot. This also only applies to components we purchase and overmold or become part of an assembly. Some of these components have tight tolerances but list no critical dimensions.We determine what gets inspected at receiving inspection based on fit and function. In a nutshell, we need to know if a TS auditor would have an issue with receiving inspection if we were to list the dimensional range for a lot and not have individual dimensions listed for each part and or can we just document the lot having been accepted or rejected without individual characteristic data?

Top Bottom