TS 16949 Status Report? List of CSR's? 3rd Rev. in October?

V

vanputten

Hello All:

I found the following communication from an ISO/TS 16949 registrar. The Elsmar Cove has had multple threads on related topics. I am hoping to start a new related thread about the content of the communicaiton pasted below.

Can anyone support or discredit any of the content?

"Remote locations must have copies or access to all applicable documents published by the IATF. This means, The Rules, the Sanctioned Interpretation, FAQ, customer specific requirements, for the product shipped to the automotive customers. Although, a remote location may not know who the automotive customer will be, is mandatory to know the customer requirements under any circumstances. Any deviation of knowing these documents may end up in major non-conformances, which requires re-audit on site. In addition, all the new information provided by the IATF will be part of audits to the whole organization.

Keep in mind that, these are not the registrar’s requirements. These are IATF requirements. ISO/TS has been developed for suppliers to the Automotive Industry not for Registrars. Thus, it is an organization’s sole responsibility to know 100% of the Automotive Industry Requirements. All the ISO/TS Auditors are under heavy pressure from the IATF, to reinforce 100% of the ISO/TS requirements. Any indication from top Management not knowing the ISO/TS requirements will be an issue.

The IATF is reviewing the ISO/TS document. In June, a Status Report will be released. Also, in October 2008, the 3rd Edition will be released and by January all suppliers to the Automotive Industry may have upgraded their system accordingly. It is an organization’s responsibility to get a copy of it. From the IATF perspective, it is an organization’s responsibility to know what is going on in the Automotive Industry as a matter of new requirements. The registrar has no obligation to notify anybody on this regard. In addition, a new Rules will be released on the first quarter of 2009.

If the Auditor ask to people in charge of ISO/TS to find information on any website associated to the IATF and customer specific requirements, there is not any excuse in contrary to the questions. Furthermore, it was already published what are the new specific customer specific requirement across the board from all Automotive Customer. Must be in place a process to review them, even if they are not applicable to the organization in order to say NO, still the process must be in place.

All the statements mentioned on this communication are on the Rules, the Sanctioned Interpretation, or the FAQ, or publication on the IATF website. It is the organization’s responsibility to know them."

Kales Veggie

People: The Vital Few
Vanputten,

Not sure what kind of responses you are looking for. Maybe you can ask a more detailed question or concerns that you have?

Sidney is right. IATF and IAOB website are the authority.

V

vanputten

I did go to the source. Try it. The IAOB only lists CSR's for Fiat, GM, Chrsler, and Ford. My memory is that that has been the lsit on the IAOB website for a long time.

What I found on the IAOB website differs greatly from "Furthermore, it was already published what are the new specific customer specific requirement across the board from all Automotive Customer." How do I know that what is listed on the IAOB is the "new specific cusotmer requirements across the board?"

Sidney - you are informed registrar. Do you have any evidence to support the info I received? Why would one registrar be able to provide this data but Sidney's employer cannot? I am lloking for corroborating evidence to the info I received.

What response am I looking for? New TS rules? Can anyone confirm?

IATF will publish the 3rd edition of TS in October? I didn't klnow that the IATF can publsih an ISO document that is requried to go through the ISO consensus process.

New certification audit to TS 16949, 3rd edition by January? I don't think that is possible even if the new TS 3rd edition will be released in October. How would the 3rd party TS auditors re-audit all of their clients in 3 months?

Anybody know about a status report on TS 16949 to be published in June, 2008?

Seems to me that the communication I shared is chucked full of things to be discussed. Telling me to go to the pathetic IAOB website is a pretty standard response. Maybe we should use that response for all Cove postings. Whatever the topic is, we should just have the moderators tell the poster to go to the website of the governing body. Go to the ISO website, etc.

Thank you, Dirk

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Dirk, there are people that work for the IAOB.

I did not tell you to go to the IAOB website. I suggested you go and TALK to someone at the IAOB.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
IATF will publish the 3rd edition of TS in October? I didn't know that the IATF can publish an ISO document that is required to go through the ISO consensus process.

Dirk,

From ISO/TS 16949:2002:

ISO/TS 16949:2002 was prepared by the International Automotive Task Force (IATF) and Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association, Inc. (JAMA), with support from ISO/TC 176, Quality management and quality assurance.

Interesting process...

Stijloor.

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant
Hello All:

I found the following communication from an ISO/TS 16949 registrar. The Elsmar Cove has had multple threads on related topics. I am hoping to start a new related thread about the content of the communicaiton pasted below.

Can anyone support or discredit any of the content?

The general information is consistent with what I hear, but the specific things like dates are doubtful.

I think the tone is rather heavy-handed and onesided. Not very professional.

There is no requirement I know for you to review customer specific requirements for OEs who are not your customers. That would be silly.

Remote locations, or any sites would be required to know those things they need to know - not everything and document the IAOB, IATF, etc. have published. "...But, ignorance of the law is no excuse..." Those things that apply need to be known and implemented.

Good auditors apply rules in a logical and reasonable manner. We are not the Quality Police, and we sure are not "God," as I heard some auditors comment...:notme:

I wish we could all work together in a logical and constructive manner for the common good of our customers. Unfortunately, some customers and registrars have some strange views of how the world works...

I feel your pain. It seems like we have to wander through a minefield sometimes, with some very silly or ignorant people dropping little bombs as they go. :sarcasm:

Kales Veggie

People: The Vital Few
I read the quoted text again and it is difficult to understand. The sentence constructs are not american english or english english, I believe. Without knowing the source, I would be read it with a large grain of salt.

My approach would be to wait for an official announcement from IATF about this 3rd edition. Quite sure there will be covers right on top of this and/or we will hear from our registrars when news about the 3rd edition is officially released.

Timeframe of 3 months to upgrade and get certified to the new standard is not realistic.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Hello All:

I found the following communication from an ISO/TS 16949 registrar. The Elsmar Cove has had multiple threads on related topics. I am hoping to start a new related thread about the content of the communication pasted below.

Dirk,

Are you at liberty to share the name of that Registrar with us?

Stijloor.

V

vanputten

Okay Sidney. I got it. I thought the same thing and called the IAOB. I left a message. I guess they call you back.

Applying this, we should tell posters to CALL the oversight body and not share if we can confirm or deny the question.

No wonder why the IAOB website is so uninformative. We are supposed to call the IAOB.

Top Bottom