TS16949 Annual PPAP Submission Requirements for Ford and Chrysler Parts

beaser3

Involved In Discussions
Good morning,

I would appreciate some input/insight into the following questions:

1) Is a tier 2 supplier required to meet the annual ppap submission requirements for Ford/Chrysler without it being requested by the tier 1 supplier?

2) If a tier 1 supplier requests an annual ppap on a part supplied by the tier 2 supplier is it fair to attach a reasonable cost to the activity?

The TS16949 requirment is somewhat new to me so if I misspoke anywhere on here...I apologize in advance!

Thanks

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Answer to #1: No, PPAP submissions (content and frequency) are negotiated between you and your customer.

Answer to #2: You can try to invoice your customer for PPAP submission costs. This needs to be negotiated during contract review stage.

Hope this helps.

Stijloor.

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Good morning,

I would appreciate some input/insight into the following questions:

1) Is a tier 2 supplier required to meet the annual ppap submission requirements for Ford/Chrysler without it being requested by the tier 1 supplier?

2) If a tier 1 supplier requests an annual ppap on a part supplied by the tier 2 supplier is it fair to attach a reasonable cost to the activity?

The TS16949 requirment is somewhat new to me so if I misspoke anywhere on here...I apologize in advance!

Thanks

For the question 2, the costs could be associated to training if you do not know how to do PPAP or the hiring of a dedicated consultant to do it.
Sometimes you can have the collaboration of a Quality Supplier Engineer of yuour customer to do it, so the costs should be limited for you . You should contract it:bigwave:

Top Bottom