Turtle diagram or process interaction chart - Making it easier for an auditor

makinaliving

Registered
Hello, We recently were audited by our ISO 9001: 2015 CB, it was our surveillance 1 audit. The CB wrote finding: "the process for determining the management system processes was not effectively implemented in all cases". Objective evidence: "The inputs and outputs of each process are not adequately defined in the Process Interaction Chart". The auditor requested a Turtle diagram, saying it will help him with future audits. I do not have working familiarity with turtle diagrams, I am unable to find an example of diagram showing a full QMS. Is this possible (one map of full QMS) or must I map each of our processes individually? I am with this company less than 5 months, the existing Process Interaction flowchart really does not show interaction, inputs, outputs..... I appreciate any guidance you can provide to get me started.
While all of the answers above are correct, for some reason it has become a preferred method. It might not be the mountain you want to fight over, since it really does create a easy to understand visual layout of how your place runs. I resisted it at first, but it kept the nasty auditor in a better mood than fighting him, & helped me over the hump to get our ragtag place IATF cert. (because of course it would have been MY fault if we had failed, not the fact that mngmt doesnt manage) Search the cove for "turtle diagram examples", & you may find it saves you time & aggravation trying to recreate the wheel. You should do 1 for every process. If there's a boss over a department that exists in your place, make a turtle for it. It doesnt have to have a lot of entries under each category, even just 1 if that covers the subject. K.I.S.

Top Bottom