TUS Sensors in AMS2750 Calibration Requirements

R

robanbieber

So if I get a roll of 5000' or less expendable K wire calibrated per the spec 3.1.2.6 (attached) and at that point I could trim off the length of wire i need and twist one end creating my hot junction and I would have at that point a calibrated thermocouple? So this expendable K thermocouple could then be used for TUS measurements for 30 uses or 3 years (whichever comes first) at 302F and then scrapped and I trim off another piece from the original wire and the process starts again?
There seems to be no requirements of my roll needing a recalibration after a certain amount of time.. is that correct? in other words that roll could set unused in my controlled environmental storage for 10 years and I could then trim and create a thermocouple and I am good to use the new thermocouple with the wires initial calibration data?

Attachments

• TUS Sensors in AMS2750 Calibration Requirements
    Screen Shot 10-07-14 at 12.02 PM.PNG
    120.1 KB · Views: 152

BradM

Leader
Admin
So if I get a roll of 5000' or less expendable K wire calibrated per the spec 3.1.2.6 (attached) and at that point I could trim off the length of wire i need and twist one end creating my hot junction and I would have at that point a calibrated thermocouple?

As I understand, yes. I don't have the full version of AMS2750 available. But you purchase the roll of wire and have both ends calibrated at the temperatures you need. Make sure it covers the range. I would make sure you get Special Limits of Error wire.

So this expendable K thermocouple could then be used for TUS measurements for 30 uses or 3 years (whichever comes first) at 302F and then scrapped and I trim off another piece from the original wire and the process starts again?
There seems to be no requirements of my roll needing a recalibration after a certain amount of time.. is that correct?

From experience, your whole wire set needs to be disposed. New wires would be cut from the roll and thermocouples made from that.

In other words that roll could set unused in my controlled environmental storage for 10 years and I could then trim and create a thermocouple and I am good to use the new thermocouple with the wires initial calibration data?

I would check the procedure. I thought I remember them putting an expiration on the roll (like 3-5 years or something).

Once you get your proposal together, you could always ask your auditor about it.

R

robanbieber

Thanks so much!
yes it is required to get special limits of error wire as table one pretty much states that.
And I see nothing in the spec which lists a recalibration requirement for a roll of calibrated wire. It appears that cal is good on any sensor until the sensor is first used and then the clock starts ticking...

Top Bottom