TV stand or wall bracket?

P

PaulJSmith

Re: TV stand or wall bracket ?

... when I did have a TV it was mounted pretty high.
Sounds like you no longer have one, Marc. If so, kudos to you.

I had my last TV die on me in 1997, and I never replaced it. I also never missed it. That lasted until I got married last year, and inherited my wife's TV. It's a mid-sized flatscreen sitting on a stand about 3' high. We still don't watch it, though, except to watch an occasional movie on DVD. About the only time I ever turn it on myself is to listen to the classical music station via satellite.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader

Haven't had a TV in years. I keep threatening to buy one, but I've been saying that for a long time now.

My GF and I watch what we want on one of the 3 iMacs here. I have a 27" 2012 on my desk (she has a 24" 2007 iMac on her desk behind me). We usually sit here and watch the 27" when we want to watch something - The office chairs are comfortable and at this distance the screen is plenty big.

Actually I do have an antenna and can get OTA local channels (64 of them) on my iMac, but it's the commercials (other than PBS channels, obviously) that get me. I just can't take them. I do have Netflix (but rarely use it) and I have a large collection of video files and DVDs from over the years.

P

PaulJSmith

Awesome. I do sometimes watch stuff on my computer when I find something interesting. Mostly not, though. I have a house full of musical instruments, and really have neither the time nor the desire to sit and watch television ... which, as far as I can tell, is not really worth watching these days.

It depends on the purpose. While TV stands used to be the primary way to display a TV, wall-mounted TV’s are gaining in popularity because of their space-saving qualities and attractive formation.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Shall a new UDI-DI be required when stand-alone software device's version is updated? EU Medical Device Regulations 1
E Stand-by vs. ON/OFF symbol IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
S Software Release Note - Class A stand alone software medical device IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 2
M Informational USFDA – Radiological Health Regulations; Amendments to Records and Reports for Radiation Emitting Electronic Products; Amendments to Performance Stand Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
CCaantley Where to get a good test indicator stand for a granite surface plate General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
S Do we need separate stand alone procedure for Suspect Unapproved Parts? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
M ISO 14971 and Stand-Alone Diagnostic Software ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 4
D Microsoft Excel database to Stand-alone software Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 3
P Is a different 510k is required for each (stand alone) software configurations? Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
S Cloud-Based Stand Alone Software - Software Medical Device (Class II) US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
K ISO 13485:2016 Self Certification for Class I (annex 9) Stand-Alone Software? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
B Is IEC TR 80002-1:2009 applicable to stand-alone medical device software? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 1
S What does SOR and DORS stand for in the Medical Devices Regulations? Canada Medical Device Regulations 2
K UDI "Version or Model" for Stand-Alone Medical Device Software US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 6
Q IATF 16949 Not a Stand Alone System? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 14
W Unattached (stand-alone) Forms acceptable for AS9100C? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
K DHR approval requirements for stand-alone software US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4
K "Purchasing Controls" for Stand-alone Software US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
A End of Life for Medical Mobile App (Stand Alone Software) Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 5
K What does MIC, CMI and CLSQ stand for in the measurement software output? Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 2
G Definition S.N.D. - What does abbreviation S.N.D. stand for on prints? Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 3
L Device Labeling - Stand Alone Symbols of ISO15223 no longer FDA recognized Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
K Classification of the Reseller of Stand Alone Medical Device Software ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
K ISO 13485 requirements for Stand Alone Medical Device Software (Class II a) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
kedarg6500 What is the difference between NS & NF3 stand for threads Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
bio_subbu MHRA issues guidance on Medical Device stand-alone software (including apps) EU Medical Device Regulations 1
N Which regulations apply to Medical Stand Alone Software in Europe? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
K Stand Alone Software definition according to PMDA Japan Medical Device Regulations 3
M CE Marking and use of IEC 80002-1 for Risk Management of Stand Alone Software EU Medical Device Regulations 13
C Direction for Use/ UI for stand alone software Canada Medical Device Regulations 1
C Do they use the same standards: Stand-alone software and embedded software? IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 13
R Equivalent CE for export to Japan - Stand exibition with LED lights CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
G What does m stand for in Cpm? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 2
A Does EN 60601-1 apply to stand alone software medical devices? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 11
B Seeking help in writing an audit report that can stand on the court Internal Auditing 6
C Stand Alone ISO Certification or Include New Mfg. Line in Current Registration ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
S K-stand definition and more information about it Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
R Stand-Alone Power Supply with Metal Enclosure IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 8
N RS485 stand to meet the EFT (Electrical Fast Transients) test according to IEC 60601 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
W MEDDEV: Qualification and Classification of Stand Alone Software Published EU Medical Device Regulations 4
S IEC 62366 for Stand-Alone Medical Device Software and Usability Engineering IEC 62366 - Medical Device Usability Engineering 16
xfngrs What does the Ford Europe acronym ISRD stand for? APQP and PPAP 6
F Does the SI acronym stand for Syst?me International d'Unit?s? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
R Quality Manual and Procedure Preferences (Stand Alone Documents?) Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 21
J Acronym in ASTM E-18 & ASTM E-110 - What do Sr & SR stand for? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 6
I Stand-alone Software as a Medical Device IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1
H What does the abbreviation for ?POAG? terminal/stud stand for? Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
K Site with only Manufacturing and stand alone ISO 9001 certification ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
S What does the term "S4/IEE" stand for? Six Sigma 6
Q What does MRP stand for? Manufacturing Resource(s) Planning Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 4