Twelve Days of Christmas Puzzle

Merry Christmas Every One,

I came up with a little Christmas puzzle for our company party. It is based on The Twelve Days of Christmas song. Each picture represents a rhyming play on the words of the original song. For those of you who need a little help:

On the twelfth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Twelve drummers drumming,
Eleven pipers piping,
Ten lords a-leaping,
Nine ladies dancing,
Eight maids a-milking,
Seven swans a-swimming,
Six geese a-laying,
Five golden rings,
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree!

Some of them are very hard, if not totally impossible, to figure out. You try to rhyme something with "Eight maids a-milking!!!" Anyway, to give you a hint, head start, and a clue to how devious I am, the answer is "Eight aids a-bilking" which is a nod to the U.S. Congress. Happy New Year. I'll post answers next year.

Attachments

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Maybe I posted this too late last year. Not a single response. Anyone want to give it a try this year. I'll think up something cool to give the person with the most correct responses!

J

JQuality

This is the best i could do:

my true love sent to me
Twelve drummers drumming, -- plumbers plumbing
Eleven pipers piping,
Ten lords a-leaping, -- Fords a-beeping
Nine ladies dancing,
Eight maids a-milking, -- eight aids a-bilking
Seven swans a-swimming,
Six geese a-laying, -- Six priests a-praying
Five golden rings,
Four calling birds, -- four falling girls
Three French hens, -- Three French men
Two turtle doves, -- two rubber gloves
And a partridge in a pear tree! -- pine cone in a dead tree

I am sure that most of them are wrong :)

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Seven blondes a-gyming.

Five moldy cheese?

And. lastly, though I am really pushing the envelope....nine mercedes passing?

Last edited:
You guys are doing great!
JQuality is in the lead with 4 and two halves correct. The plumber is plumbing but he's also doing something else that rhymes with drumming. Four is indeed falling but it is not a girl, it rhymes with birds. Close with the gloves but what color are they?

Ddunn you are dead on!

Correct on the vipers and blondes, Steel. Mercedes is correct but what it's doing rhymes with dancing (hint: there's a guardrail). Does cheese really rhyme with rings?

Sing it with me: Fiiiiiiiiiive Mooooooldy Thiiiiiiiings...:biglaugh:

LNeJame, that's perfect!

Alright everyone sing along with me now,

my true love sent to me
Twelve plumbers humming,
Eleven vipers striking,
Ten Fords a-beeping,
Nine Mercedes glancing,
Eight aids a-bilking,
Seven blonds a-gyming,
Six priests a-praying,
Fiiiiiiiiiiive Moooooooldy Thiiiiiiinnnnnngs,
Four falling nerds,
Three French men,
Two myrtle doves,
And a caaaaaaaaaaaartridge in a baaaaaaaaaare treeeeeeeeeeeee!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Hiring Decisions - How much effort do you put into the hiring process these days? (7/2020) Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 4
Q ISO 9001:2015 man days for surveillance audit ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
A IAF MD 5 - Audit Days calculator General Auditing Discussions 2
M Setting deadlines (ex. 45 days) for Document Registration & Review Cycle Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
A Man Days for IATF 16949 Audit IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
M AS9100 Rev. D Transition Audit - Number of Audit Days AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 5
D Number of Audit Days - AS9100D Transition for a Small Shop AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 3
S Interpretation or Definition of ‘Once Every 5 Days’ ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
Stijloor Calculating (3rd Party) Audit Days for Company with Seasonal Employees General Auditing Discussions 3
Q Scheduling IATF 16949 Audits - Audit Man-Days IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
S Internal Audit Man-days requirements using IAF MD9 General Auditing Discussions 2
Crimpshrine13 Rules of achieving and maintaining IATF recognition - Determining audit days IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
J One third of the total audit days on manufacturing (TS 16949) General Auditing Discussions 2
T Reduced Audit days when UPGRADING from AS9100 to TS16949 - Is it possible? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
L 20 days to submit PPAP APQP and PPAP 9
P Scope Extension Audit - How many days? Do I audit all AS9100 requirements? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 2
J Audit days calculator based on Rules 4th IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
kedarg6500 Could I have a recalibration frequency of +/- 15 days ? Calibration Frequency (Interval) 23
B Any future for someone working as Lead Quality right these days? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
J Required Audit Days for TS 16949 Initial Certification Audit IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
T AS9104/3 is bringing in a requirement for an AA to qualify as AEA based on Audit Days AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 2
J How to calculate Surveillance Audit Days in Corporate Audit Scheme IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
somashekar About NC (Nonconformance) Type and days for CA (Corrective Action) Response... ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
Marc Business These Days - Maker's Mark waters down bourbon to meet demand Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 11
X Shall not exceed 2 working weeks = shall not exceed within 10 working days? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
S The days before International Standards - Has ISO done what it was supposed to? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
D Number of Audit Days for AS9100C Surveillance Audit (20 employees) AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 7
Randy It's only 97 days until the 2013 DAYTONA 500 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
B How many days after an interview should I follow up on the status of the interview? Career and Occupation Discussions 10
M IAF-MD9 Audit Man-Days Requirements for ISO 13485 Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 30
K What would you do in the first 90 days of a new job as the Quality Manager Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 33
M Calculating the IATF TS 16949 Recertification Audit Man Days - Clarification ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
T Deviation Tracker - Anyone have a template that can efficiently track 4 days of data? Customer Complaints 2
R Becoming a Certified Aerospace Auditor - How to get the required audit days AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 3
J AS91X0 Audit Man-Days Calculation - Risk for the Organization? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 3
J Audit Days Requirement for AS9100, Rev C Re-Certification AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 2
S PP (Polypropylene) Plastic part becomes brittle after 2-3 days Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
C ISO/TS 16949:2009 Audit Man Days Table IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 15
A 510(k) Review time past 150 days?! 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
J What is Manufacturing Extension? Audit Man-Days General Auditing Discussions 6
S ISO 17025 Audit - 12 Days for 3 Auditors - 20 Employees ISO 17025 related Discussions 8
G Calculating AS9100 Registrar Audit Man Days AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 7
K Please help Calculate Audit Man Days Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 8
M ISO 9001 Re-Certification Audit: How Many Man-Days? General Auditing Discussions 6
D FDA Days - What is the FDA definition of FDA Days 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
A What happens if an External Audit NC (Nonconformance) is not closed in 90 days? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
A Query on Certification Man Days for ISO 9001:2008 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
P Panic time! Audit in three days! ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
S Calculation of Man-Days for OHSAS Audit Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 3
A Cost of ISO 9001:2008 certification and certification audit days? Registrars and Notified Bodies 10