Typical Document / Record Transaction and Archive Volumes

R

richardcalder

Please let me know if it is not appropriate to ask this sort of research question in this forum.
We are trying to find information about typical document/record transaction and archive volumes in different sizes and types of organizations. We have access to some super new internet friendly software that we believe could be very beneficial to companies looking to manage ISO9000/14000 documents online.
Can anybody make comment, or point us in the right direction?
Thanks

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
S

Steven Truchon

Interesting.
I can see document mgmt at the intranet level, at least for our application at my company. It is how we currently operate. I am having a bit of difficulty though with understanding an internet application.

Im curious on this one.

Steve

J

Jim Triller

It is just as easy to manage documentation via the Internet as it is on an intranet using a web-based approach. For added security include password protection and a "firewall" between the web server and the Internet.

Databases can be integrated into the site using ASP (active server pages) technology (supported by an NT server) connecting ODBC compliant databases such as Access, SQL Server, and Oracle.

I have led a successful ISO 9000 registration using this method with a company that is headquartered in Tacoma, Washington with additional locations in Miami, Toledo, and Bloomington.

Some benefits of this approach include cross platform capability (did not matter what version of software the users had nor the type of computer) and information was shared between all sites. Additionally, we didn't need to purchase any proprietary software.

------------------

S

Steven Truchon

As I slap myself on the forehead (duh!). I was stuck in the mindset that separate locations were separate certifications (in an ISO/QS scenario).
Bad thing is, I knew better. (LOL)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Feedback of typical maintenance problems with LMI digital probes Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 0
T Reasons to change certification body and typical costs Registrars and Notified Bodies 16
R What is the typical industry standard for documenting Usability Risk? Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 16
I AS9100 5.4.1 - Typical objectives of different functions and levels AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
S OHSAS 18001 Typical Input and Output Examples Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 4
optomist1 Typical Wire Harness Testing and Validation Testing for Automotive Applications Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 8
M Example of a typical First Piece Inspection Procedure Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
T Is there a typical personality type in Quality? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 38
S What are typical Acceptable Quality Levels (AQL) adopted in Food industry? Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 1
P Typical Number of NCRs for a Small Manufacturing Company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
T How many complaints, defects and non-conformances are typical? Customer Complaints 5
W What are "typical software risks"? Is IEC/TR 80002-1 a good place to look for a list IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 3
A The typical organizational set-up for Housing Services - ISO 9001:2008 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
M Typical values of MTBF for Optical Avionic Networks Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 1
J What are some typical Customer Service Interview Questions Career and Occupation Discussions 5
S Typical Tools for Particular Tolerances Table? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 15
L What typical items do auditors bring to Opening Meetings Internal Auditing 4
M What are typical Roles & Responsibilities of DHF (Design History File) Librarian? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 6
X Typical Auditor Questions on ISO 9001 General Auditing Discussions 6
N What are typical Software Life Cycle Metrics Software Quality Assurance 5
M Typical requirements for Internal Audit Lead Auditors Internal Auditing 5
L Typical defect ppm level for barrel surface coating process? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
R What is a typical ppm performance level for casting suppliers? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 7
J Typical Control Chart Guidance and Hypothesis Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 12
R MTBF to DPPM Calculation Based on the Unit's Typical Working Hours Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 9
C Calibration Standards and Typical Accuracy Requirements for Force Gauges General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
T Is this typical customer service? World News 12
T EMS (ISO 14001) Audit / Interview Typical List of Questions for Review and Additions ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 15
R DCX PSO book 5th Edition - Does anyone have a typical index or check list? APQP and PPAP 6
O What are typical records of different documents required by ISO9001? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 2
H Exponent in Excel .xls - How can I make the result typical scientific notation? Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 27
P What is Milliohms Typical? Cable assemblies for vehicles Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
Govind What is your typical attendance of ASQ program meetings? ASQ - American Society for Quality 33
L Seeking example of a typical Work instruction for purchasing Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
T Standard Causes of Registration Audit Nonconformances and Typical Failure Modes IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
D What does RTYP on a Print Stand For? Radius Typical? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 7
Marc What are the Contents of a Typical Characteristics Matrix? FMEA and Control Plans 1
M What is the proper way to document measurements Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 1
P Equipment 21 CFR 820.70(g) - User Requirements Document for Off the shelf equipment 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 7
B Do IFU designs have to be document controlled under ISO 13485? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
C Certificate of Conformance Form - COC for each customer a controlled document? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
A Document "Correspondence IATF 16949 vs ISO13485" available? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 0
R Document Retention - Discard hard-copies after scanning? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
P Mylar plot suppliers in accordance with D6-51991 document AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
A Document Change Notice vs complete System re-write Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
Q Document approval through SharePoint (without signature) Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 4
S What is considered a "core algorithm"? (From an FDA guidance document) Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 4
U Document Approval - Software company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
O Please, help with document on ISO/ TS 17758 and (IDF 87: 1979). Thank you. Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
K Proper document of SMPS used in infant warmer for IEC 60601-1 testing IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1