UN Class 5 Tolerances - Thread Setting Plug Gage 7/8-9 UNC 5

L

Loosh

Would you please let me know the tolerance of a thread setting plug gauge 7/8-9 UNC 5.
Also, where are stated the tolerances for UN class 5 setting plugs?

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: UN Class 5 tolerances - Thread setting plug gauge 7/8-9 UNC 5

Would you please let me know the tolerance of a thread setting plug gauge 7/8-9 UNC 5.

Any thread gage experts who can help?

Thank you.

Stijloor.

jerry_Malaysia

Quite Involved in Discussions

I think maybe you would like to look at ANSI/ASME B1.12, Class 5, interference fit thread, for more detail. There are so many tolerance defined, example pitch diameter tolerance, major and minor diameter tolerances and etc. Also, the TPI also plays an very important role here.

L

Loosh

Gentlemen,

Thank you for the replies.

Umang, thanks for the welcome. Unfortunately, none of the websites gave me the requested tolerances.

Jerry, it seems like ANSI/ASME B1.12, Class 5,is not available anymore. I am trying to get the Fed-Std-H28/23.

jerry_Malaysia

Gentlemen,

Thank you for the replies.

Umang, thanks for the welcome. Unfortunately, none of the websites gave me the requested tolerances.

Jerry, it seems like ANSI/ASME B1.12, Class 5,is not available anymore. I am trying to get the Fed-Std-H28/23.

Loosh
Here's the Fed-Std-H28/23. Hope it help. I have got ANSI/ASME B1.12 as well, but i am afraid it will violate to copyright issue, so i can't attach for you. If you need, maybe you could let me know you need which portion, i may let you know the content.

Attachments

• FED-STD-H28-23 Screw thread standards for federal services section 23 class 5 interference-fit s.pdf
    454.9 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
L

Loosh

Loosh
Here's the Fed-Std-H28/23. Hope it help. I have got ANSI/ASME B1.12 as well, but i am afraid it will violate to copyright issue, so i can't attach for you. If you need, maybe you could let me know you need which portion, i may let you know the content.

I do not know if I downloaded the entire file, but the tolerances for the setting plugs for class 5 threads are not listed on this spec.
I will try to get the ANSI/ASME B1.12...
It is unbelievable, not being able to find the tolerances:mad:

Thanks again for your help!:thanx:

jerry_Malaysia

I do not know if I downloaded the entire file, but the tolerances for the setting plugs for class 5 threads are not listed on this spec.
I will try to get the ANSI/ASME B1.12...
It is unbelievable, not being able to find the tolerances:mad:

Thanks again for your help!:thanx:

For sure you have downloaded the entire file. Problem is the tolerance that you wanted is not listed in Fed-Std-H28/23

See attachment, probably you will find this useful. It's from ANSI/ASME B1.12

Attachments

• untitled33.JPG
    untitled33.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 291
L

Loosh

For sure you have downloaded the entire file. Problem is the tolerance that you wanted is not listed in Fed-Std-H28/23

See attachment, probably you will find this useful. It's from ANSI/ASME B1.12

Hi again Jerry,
I am looking for thread SETTING plug tolerances.
Regarding class 5 threads, here, there, you can find some info, but for the set plugs......
:frust:

Top Bottom