Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo Especially for content not in the forum
Such as files in the Cove "Members" Directory

Unacceptable Corrective Actions in a Problem Solving Summary Form - Examples?

M

masterx

Hello: I am looking for an unacceptable corrective actions that are recorded into a Problem Solving Summary Form, for example:

Talk to the operator
Audit the job instruction

These are not corrective actions, this means a lack of investigation in the root cause, but is very often in the industry found this kind of answers.

The objective of this is for my final project in the MD in QS

Regards

:thanx:

Jim Wynne

Staff member
Admin
Re: Unacceptable corrective actions in a Problem Solving Summary Form

Hello: I am looking for an unacceptable corrective actions that are recorded into a Problem Solving Summary Form, for example:

Talk to the operator
Audit the job instruction

These are not corrective actions, this means a lack of investigation in the root cause, but is very often in the industry found this kind of answers.

The objective of this is for my final project in the MD in QS

Regards

:thanx:
Whether or not any corrective action strategy is acceptable or not must be judged on a case-by-case basis, and there are no universal rules, other than making a reasonable attempt to identify root cause. Sometimes all you can do is identify it, and no correction of it is possible or practical.

W

wadziu

Hello,
Also when they are looking for real root-cause of problem using 5 Why, very often last Why is "not taken into account in FMEA" , true but often use..

J

JkelleyCDS

I would also mention that a key process is follow-up activities to show that the "Audit the job instruction" response is effective. Follow-up activities close the loop and prevent pencil whipping CAR responses.

Top Bottom