Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo Especially for content not in the forum
Such as files in the Cove "Members" Directory

Unacceptable risk and information for safety

MrTetris

Involved In Discussions
Hi,
I`m hopping on the re-design train, hope it didn`t leave already.... ;-)

We solved a similar problem (treatment planning) by having users sign off with their password, once they wanted to make a change. This was also stored in the audit trail.
We had different roles who could plan the treatment, and also a kind of busy use environment (nurses, doctors, techs..). But someone in charge had to sign off all changes.
Honestly, from a usability perspective: not cool. workflows were often interrupted by the password dialogue.
From a risk perspective: probably quite good.
Totally agree with your view about usability and risk... that is the reason why it is not an acceptable solution :)

MrTetris

Involved In Discussions
Do you know how the Occurrence, Severity and Detectability levels were established?
Not properly, in my opinion, and for sure qualitatively. Considering the environment in which our sw are used, I believe that attributing 3 to the occurrence is far too conservative.

Not in a position to have an opinion on occurrence. On severity, is it a certainty that an undetected (and therefore implemented, I think?) wrong surgical plan can't end up killing the patient? At the very least, I hope this isn't how the failure is detected...

MrTetris

Involved In Discussions
Not in a position to have an opinion on occurrence. On severity, is it a certainty that an undetected (and therefore implemented, I think?) wrong surgical plan can't end up killing the patient? At the very least, I hope this isn't how the failure is detected...
No, no death or serious permanent impairment are possible.

Top Bottom