Uncertainity & Student's T distribution - Calculus of uncertainty in calibration

S

sergiop

Hi! I'm trying to introduce calculus of uncertainity in my calibration procedures, but I'm not sure of what value of F (based on the Student's T distribution a number of degrees of freedom) must use:

S1 = (SDEV / (N ^ 0.5)) * F

I have a table (Guide to Expression of Uncertainty in Measurements), but reading some paper (Implementing ISO 17025 Measurement Uncertainity Requeriments in Software, Matt Nicholas, Fluke Corporation), they use half the values shown in the 95.45% column of the table

What must I use? Entire value or half value of F to 95.45%????

Thanks

------------------
Sergioasdf

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
K

KenK - 2009

I not sure I understand exactly what you are doing or what you want to do.

I'm guessing you have calculated a mean, and want to provide a confidence interval - a measure of uncertainty.

If that's the case, then the formula's are pretty simple:

95% confidence interval:

mean +/- t[0.025,n-1]*stdev/SQRT(n-1)

where t[0.025,n-1] is a t-value taken from a t-table. Sematech/NIST has a table at
http://www.itl.nist.gov/div898/handbook/eda/section3/eda3672.htm

Find the column with 0.025 as the header and find n-1 in the first column.

If you're trying to do something else, please let us know.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B How to find Uncertainity in a Torque Wrench? Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 5
H Dimensional Measurement Uncertainity - Inspection of a component Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 5
A Measurement uncertainity is not mentioned in the calibration certificate Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 4
A Does anyone know something about Relative Uncertainity? Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 1
S Estimation of uncertainity for Internal Laboratory General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
A TYPE B Uncertainity - Torque standard calibration - How do you get the factors? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
S Measurement Uncertainity of Linear Measuring Equipment General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
P How to calculate TUR (Test Uncertainity Ratio)? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
N Student trying to apply Lean Six Sigma on a Construction project in my thesis Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 3
K Student wanting Case Study about Internal Audit Report Internal Auditing 1
R MDR 745/2017 keynote - I'm a student and I'm writing a thesis EU Medical Device Regulations 4
R Internal Auditor vs. Public Accountant - Accounting Student Needing Help Career and Occupation Discussions 4
M [Student] Documented Process vs Documented Procedure IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
G Senior Project for BS Mechanical Engineering Student Career and Occupation Discussions 4
Ron Rompen Quick question on results of Student-t test Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 7
F ISO 22000 Disadvantages - Student Exam Question Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 4
M Average Run Length (Student Question) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
M Autocorrelation Techniques (Student Question) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
M Standard Deviation Estimation Formula - Student Question Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
J Calculation of the Mean - Student Question about Cpk calculation Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 6
D Multiple regression with student t distribution Using Minitab Software 1
R Student Question - Help needed with statistics questions Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
S Student's T distribution/table & d2,d2* tables General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
L Drawing an OC Curve from a Sampling Plan - Student Problem Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
R Product Recall Plan for an Electrical Gadget - Student Project Nonconformance and Corrective Action 6
J ISO 9001 and Public Schools - Under continuous fire for low student achievement ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 85
Z Injection Molding cycle time benchmarking - Ball State University student Benchmarking 10
B MTBF calculations - Three student homework problems Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 10
E Definition Multi-Agent-Based Simulation on Supply Chain Management - Student Seeking Information Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 1
E Definition Quality Control Circle - Student Seeking Information Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 9
T College Student, looking for advice on Engineering Career and Occupation Discussions 7
P Counting the occurences of a value in a column - Minitab student release 12 Using Minitab Software 4
M Information about APQP, PPAP and MSI for TS 16949 implementation (student) APQP and PPAP 1
M Student searching for a TS 16949 Quality Manual IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
P Question about High School Student Travel Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 11
H Describing Processes - Where do I start? (student) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
S Student needs advice on his career in the field of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma Career and Occupation Discussions 14
S Student requests help on Lean Manufacturing - Masters in industrial engineering Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 14
B How to do the Control Plan and MSA - Student needs help FMEA and Control Plans 6
C Master's Student finishing up in Dec. Wondering what jobs to look for? Career and Occupation Discussions 11
L Need brief and clear description of ISO 9001 QMS quality standard - Student report ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
JoCam Medical Device Distribution in the UK EU Medical Device Regulations 6
M Prescription medical device distribution licenses in the U.S US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
I Control of Documentation Distribution - Document Control ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
M US distribution Medical Device Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 7
0 Interesting Discussion Analysis of half normal distribution in minitab Using Minitab Software 11
Marco Bernardi Finding a flat or not modeling distribution: how to manage it? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 24
T Was Just told we could ONLY buy material for AS9100 customers if the DISTRIBUTION house is AS9100 / AS9120 AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 2
P Medical Device not on commercial distribution but installed in the establishment. 510k? Other US Medical Device Regulations 10
M How do you Audit an Distribution Facility according to MAQMSR IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2