Uncertainty in Test - Durability test, High Performance, Salt Spray chambers, etc

A
Dear Everyone
I know here thera a lot of experts, I need your help.
We are in the process of certificate our laboratory under 17025, but we have a problem with uncertainty in testing, durability test, high performance, salts spray chambers etc.
Does any one know the metodology for those calculations?, is very important to us if you have some detail example.

Regards
Arte

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
D

D.Scott

Arte - I am sending what I have via e-mail. Repost if you need more information so we can get the experts thinking.

Dave

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Staff member
Super Moderator
If you are performing that test under the ASTM method, I am very familiar with it and can give some help.....

The d-i water and the salt solution are the two key Type B contributions, along with exposure time.....

Other than that, let us know if this is the ASTM method.

Hershal

B

blueicecube

Hi Hershal,

I know its been years since this posting. But I hope you can still help to provide more information on the MU calculation for Salt Spray Testing. Yes, I am using ASTM method.

Thank you!

C

camilorb

Hi Blueicecube

I need your help

We are in the accreditation process for our laboratory under 17025, but we have a problem with uncertainty in durability test, salts spray chambers, hardness machine.
Do you know the metodology for those calculations?, it is very important to us if you have some detail example.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Gage R&R for test precision or uncertainty prediction? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
E Uncertainty of Mean - Test rig that measures water temperatures Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 3
M Help with uncertainty calculation in the calibration of a Pyrogen Test Processor Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 7
V How to use a Calibration Certificate in Uncertainty Calculation for a Test Measure Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 13
C Test Uncertainty Ratio (TUR) for Ring Gage Calibration Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 7
S Measurement Uncertainty for Neutral Salt Spray test to BS EN ISO 9227:2006 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
K AATCC 81 pH test - How to calculate MU (Measurement Uncertainty) Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 2
T 4:1 Test Accuracy Ratio (TAR) or Stated Measurement Uncertainty (MU) General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 21
S TUR (test uncertainty ratio) based on Standard or Expanded Measurement Uncertainty? Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 2
J Test Uncertainty Ratio TUR (UUT Tolerance / STD Uncertainty) Question General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
C TAR (test accuracy ratio) vs. TUR (test uncertainty ratio) - The difference is..? Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 2
D Regrading Test Blocks: Measurement Uncertainty (MU) Issues? Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 4
R Differences between Test Accuracy Ratio (TAR) and Test Uncertainty Ratio (TUR) Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 3
R Determining Uncertainty from Gage R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
B IEC 60601-2-10 - Accuracy of Pulse Parameters - Required Measurement Uncertainty IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
F Missing value of Uncertainty B Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 8
F Issues in Uncertainty Estimation Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 5
F Operator Manual and Type B Uncertainty Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 3
F Learning Uncertainty Budget for Novice - Fluke 5520A Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 1
G Does pitch/increment/resolution of a ruled scale apply to measurement uncertainty as line item? Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 10
R Uncertainty in measurement larger than tolerance Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 2
S Uncertainty Budgets - Phase Noise (SSB), Harmonics Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 2
K ISO 17025:2017 clause 7.6.2 - Performing calibration of its own equipment shall evaluate the measurement uncertainty ISO 17025 related Discussions 6
M Informational US FDA Final Guidance – Consideration of Uncertainty in Making Benefit-Risk Determinations in Medical Device Premarket Approvals, De Novo Classificati Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
A Uncertainty Budget - Externally produced sensor module Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 1
E Discussion between co-worker on tolerance and uncertainty and how to apply it. Thoughts? 17025 ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
G Assigning a calibration tolerance - An x-y coordinate machine - Uncertainty as my verification tolerance General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
G 3 Operator Std. Dev. and uncertainty calculation Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 2
G Reporting measurement uncertainty for custom items Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 2
G Uncertainty of staging a short line scale standard on longer measuring machine? Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 4
K Measurement Uncertainty Budget (MU) of for Ultrasonic Thickness gauge Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 1
G NIST SOP 29 - Assignment of Uncertainty - Question General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
M Medical Device News FDA news - 05-09-18 - Draft - Uncertainty in Benefit-Risk Determinations Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
G Can Measurement Machine Bias be part of Uncertainty? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
G How to include machine error in uncertainty calculations? Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 5
D Difference between uncertainty and expanded uncertainty of measurement General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
M Calibration certificates avowing accuracy beyond the uncertainty limits? Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 7
G ANAB ISO 17025 Accreditation - Uncertainty and systematic error? ISO 17025 related Discussions 6
G How many Uncertainty Measurements for Micrometers and Calipers? Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 3
G What degrees of freedom means in uncertainty budget and how do I set the value Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 2
G Uncertainty Experts - ISO 17025 - If the Distribution is Rectangular Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 2
G Uncertainty Budget Examples for Caliper, Micrometer and Dial Gauge Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 3
P Uncertainty and Significantly Different Means - Buffer Solutions Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 4
S Pressure Gauge Calibration Uncertainty Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 5
J Internal Laboratory Scope and Measurement Uncertainty (MU) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
G Manual Procedure with Uncertainty Budgeting for either a Caliper or Micrometer General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
C MU (Measurement Uncertainty) in an Internal Calibration Laboratory Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 1
N How to Convert Micro Volts into Temperature Uncertainty Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 1
N Include homogeneity uncertainty into budget table for thermocouples Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 1
J CMM Uncertainty Calculation Question - Deviations Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 9