Understanding of TS 16949 Clause 7.6.2

E

erichau

Hi everyone:
I have a question on understanding of 7.6.2, which state that the caliberation recods shall include the revisions following the engineering change. Don't very understand the clause, anyone can set an example for clarifying it?
Thank you in advance.

LUV-d-4UM

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: Understanding of 7.6.2

I am no expert of this standard but here's how we have interpreted this:
Our control charts referenced certain instructions to follow in case of out of control situation. Also we revise the PFMEA as a tool for identifying reaction plans. By doing this, revision to Control Plans are minimized. It seems to work during audits.:cfingers:

QualitySpirit

Involved In Discussions
Hi there are some circumstances that engineering changes affect calibration activities.

For example, calibration points of dimension checking gage by CMM might need to be revised if there are some points added or changed according to a new engineering change. Obviously the calibration record should note the revision to identify that it has been calibrated according to the relevant engineering change and therefore it can provide valid checking results.

Another example I have seen is testing equipment (function testing) of seat control unit, when there is an engineering change in function. The testing equipment has to be reprogrammed and its calibration/verification record has to note which engineering change it is calibrated/verified to.

C

ChuckHughes

I might suggest a review of the measurement changes from the engineering change to make sure the new measurement activity has appropriate resolution to continue to be used.
A gage R&R is a way to prove you can meet any new measurement requirement can be met with existing instrumentation and methods.

al40

Quite Involved in Discussions
I agree this is a good example I would also highlight that software used or updated may result in the same requirements i.e. the CMM or visual system software is updated.
Best wishes,
Al40

Top Bottom