Update: Your 9001:2000 status

Is your company currently:

• ISO 9001:2000 Certified

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • Working Toward 9001:2000 Certification

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • ISO 9001:2000 Compliant (No Cert. Planned)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Working Toward 9001:2000 Compliance Only

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • ISO 9001:1994 Compliant, No Change Planned

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Other (please specify in a post)

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
Almost exactly a year ago Energy started a poll asking whether folks were yet registered to 9001:2000 or were working on it, etc. While the thread is still alive and well discussing methods for doing process maps, manuals, etc. the poll itself has some rather dated info. in it. Since a year has passed, and since less than a year is left until 9000:1994 certificates are no longer valid, I thought it was time to get an update on peoples' status in this area.

Please feel free to add comments in addition to voting. For example, if you are "working toward" 9001:2000 certification, when do you expect to be certified? Are you transitioning from 9001:1994 or starting from scratch? Thanks.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
A

Aaron Lupo

We are still in the process of transitioning to 9K2K, if my boss would just stay out of my way we would have been there already! Actually, the reason we have waited is we are also in the process of trasitioning to ISO 13485:2003 which has not yet been released. The way I see it is I might as well get them both over at the same time.

R

Randy Stewart

I'm working on integrating our system completely (5S, Lean, Sick Sigma, Safety, QS, TE, Q1, ISO 14001 and 9k2k) I figure I'll be ready by the next decade, but I'm working towards!!! We'll be ready by our second surveillance audit this year (Sept time frame).
:bonk:

B

Bill Ryan - 2007

We are certifiably :rolleyes: registered to ISO/TS 16949 - First edition. Our next surveillance audit (6/03) will "upgrade" us to Second edition.

Bill

Jim Green

Involved In Discussions
What are the chances that an exstention will be given for the 1994 standard.
What are the number of companies certified to 94 in the US? Thousands?
Yet I don't think they are all making the big push to meet the deadline. My guess is, with the economy on the down side, companies just don't have the resources to make the power move to 92k.
What will the ISO committee think if for example only 25% of the original ISO 9002 94 companies go for the Upgrade.

C

C Emmons

We are currently registered to the ISO 9002:1994 Standard. Scheduled to go through the first half of our transition audit in May 2003.

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
Jim Green said:

What are the chances that an exstention will be given for the 1994 standard.
What are the number of companies certified to 94 in the US? Thousands?
Yet I don't think they are all making the big push to meet the deadline. My guess is, with the economy on the down side, companies just don't have the resources to make the power move to 92k.
What will the ISO committee think if for example only 25% of the original ISO 9002 94 companies go for the Upgrade.
Interesting question! I don't understand the politics of TC 176, but it would be nice to know what they think if, toward Fall, still < 50% of 9001:1994 companies have transitioned.:eek:

The marketplace will no dount have a big influence. If customers demand the 9001:2000 cert, the vast majority of vendors will do it, however reluctantly. However, if the customers accept continued COMPLIANCE to 9001:1994, or maybe COMPLIANCE to 9001:2000, I bet a good many companies will forego the cost (especially considering the economy of the last 2 years) and hassle of going the certification route. And why not! I'd like to see the certification industry significantly curtailed.

Jim Wade is usually on top of news coming from TC 176 and various individual members of the group, so I assume he will post any word from them. It should be interesting.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Advice needed for ISO 9001:2000 update to 2008 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
K How to update from Procedure to Process - ISO 9001:2000 to ISO 9001:2008 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
V Need to update to ISO 9001:2000, current registered to ISO 9002 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 28
Marc ISO 9001 - The Coming 2000 Update ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
R ISO 9001:2015 Transition Quality Manual Update - Redundant Content ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
K Must I update the Quality Policy? (ISO 9001:2008) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 15
C Documentation Update to ISO 9001:2008 (My first post) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
D Update Certification to ISO 9001:2008 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
C Quality Manual with ISO 9001: 2008 Update ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
B Some question for update of ISO 9001:2008 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
Crusader ISO 9001 Update Delayed until the Middle of 2009 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
Ninja Windows 10 100 % disk use after update Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 33
mike10 QMS Update - Rev. up or start over? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
M Do we need to create a new CER or can we just update the existing CER EU Medical Device Regulations 3
dgrainger Informational MHRA guidance update on withdrawal of Notified Bodies Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
F Software development plan for SW update IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 2
M Informational Update on ISO TC 210 JWG 1 activities Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational EU – October 2019 update – State-of-play of joint assessments of Notified Bodies in the medical device sector Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
M Informational US FDA Final and update guidances – Software Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
M Informational From Medtech Insight – QSR/ISO 13485 Harmonization Update: FDA Enforcement Discretion Likely When New Rule Stands Up; Draft Reg Coming By Year’s End; Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational Update from GOV.UK – Regulating medical devices in the event of a no-deal Brexit – UK Responsible Person Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational Device Shortages Update – The US FDA Announces Two New Innovation Challenges on Device Sterilization Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
J Where can I find the latest update to Reach and ROHS? REACH and RoHS Conversations 7
M Informational Update – MDR and IVDR implementing measures rolling plan – 2 more NBs designated under the new regulations Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational US FDA – Digital Health Update: Mid-Year Update on Software Precertification Program Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational US FDA – Device Shortages Update: Challenges to encourage the development of new approaches to device sterilization Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational MHRA update – Medical devices: guidance for manufacturers on vigilance - June 2019 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Is it compulsory to update the obsolete GMDN codes in ARTG? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 4
M Informational USFDA – Digital Health Update: The FDA Announces an Opportunity for Test Case Volunteers for the Test Plan for the Software Precertification Program Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational US FDA Guidance update – Requests for Feedback and Meetings for Medical Device Submissions: The Q-Submission Program Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational TGA – Webinar: An update on the consultation for the Regulation of Software, including Software as a Medical Device (SaMD) Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational EU – Update on state-of-play of joint assessments of Notified Bodies in the medical device sector Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
E Gamma Sterilization Product Update Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
M Informational EU – April 2019 update of the MDR and IVDR implementing measures rolling plan Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
B IEC 62304 - Update Checklist IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 2
M Informational ISO 14971 / ISO TR 24971 revision update – atualizações sobre a revisão Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
M Informational IMDRF – Proposed update to Clinical Evaluation documents Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational USFDA Draft Guidance – Review and Update of Device Establishment Inspection Processes and Standards Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
C Do we need to make a new OFI (Opportunity for Improvement) for each document/form we update? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 23
M Medical Device News Last update of the MDR and IVDR implementing measures rolling plan – December 2018 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M FDA News USFDA Digital Health Update – New actions and documents Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M FDA News Digital Health Update: USFDA Report on Non-Device Software Functions Now Available Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Medical Device News Letter to the health and care sector: update on preparations for a potential no-deal Brexit Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
Marc Software Update 23 November 2018 Forum News and General Information 1
M Medical Device News Joint Action On Market Surveillance Of Medical Devices (JAMS) Releases Progress Update EU Medical Device Regulations 0
Marc Attachment List Update - 2018-11-16 Forum News and General Information 0
K Medical Device Software Update in Field of AIMD IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1
M Medical Device News Health Canada update - Applications for Medical Device Investigational Testing Authorizations Canada Medical Device Regulations 0
M Medical Device News IMDRF update - 26-09-18 - Cybersecurity, Premarket Reviews, Personalized Devices Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
M Medical Device News TGA update 26-09-18 - Medical Devices Safety Update, Volume 6 September 2018 Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0