Update: Your 9001:2000 status

Is your company currently:

• ISO 9001:2000 Certified

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • Working Toward 9001:2000 Certification

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • ISO 9001:2000 Compliant (No Cert. Planned)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Working Toward 9001:2000 Compliance Only

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • ISO 9001:1994 Compliant, No Change Planned

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Other (please specify in a post)

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
Almost exactly a year ago Energy started a poll asking whether folks were yet registered to 9001:2000 or were working on it, etc. While the thread is still alive and well discussing methods for doing process maps, manuals, etc. the poll itself has some rather dated info. in it. Since a year has passed, and since less than a year is left until 9000:1994 certificates are no longer valid, I thought it was time to get an update on peoples' status in this area.

Please feel free to add comments in addition to voting. For example, if you are "working toward" 9001:2000 certification, when do you expect to be certified? Are you transitioning from 9001:1994 or starting from scratch? Thanks.

A

Aaron Lupo

We are still in the process of transitioning to 9K2K, if my boss would just stay out of my way we would have been there already! Actually, the reason we have waited is we are also in the process of trasitioning to ISO 13485:2003 which has not yet been released. The way I see it is I might as well get them both over at the same time.

R

Randy Stewart

I'm working on integrating our system completely (5S, Lean, Sick Sigma, Safety, QS, TE, Q1, ISO 14001 and 9k2k) I figure I'll be ready by the next decade, but I'm working towards!!! We'll be ready by our second surveillance audit this year (Sept time frame).
:bonk:

gpainter

Quite Involved in Discussions
We are about half way to the new standard. Our audit is scheduled for August 26, 27, 28.

B

Bill Ryan - 2007

We are certifiably :rolleyes: registered to ISO/TS 16949 - First edition. Our next surveillance audit (6/03) will "upgrade" us to Second edition.

Bill

J

Jim Green

What are the chances that an exstention will be given for the 1994 standard.
What are the number of companies certified to 94 in the US? Thousands?
Yet I don't think they are all making the big push to meet the deadline. My guess is, with the economy on the down side, companies just don't have the resources to make the power move to 92k.
What will the ISO committee think if for example only 25% of the original ISO 9002 94 companies go for the Upgrade.

C

C Emmons

We are currently registered to the ISO 9002:1994 Standard. Scheduled to go through the first half of our transition audit in May 2003.

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
Jim Green said:

What are the chances that an exstention will be given for the 1994 standard.
What are the number of companies certified to 94 in the US? Thousands?
Yet I don't think they are all making the big push to meet the deadline. My guess is, with the economy on the down side, companies just don't have the resources to make the power move to 92k.
What will the ISO committee think if for example only 25% of the original ISO 9002 94 companies go for the Upgrade.

Interesting question! I don't understand the politics of TC 176, but it would be nice to know what they think if, toward Fall, still < 50% of 9001:1994 companies have transitioned.:eek:

The marketplace will no dount have a big influence. If customers demand the 9001:2000 cert, the vast majority of vendors will do it, however reluctantly. However, if the customers accept continued COMPLIANCE to 9001:1994, or maybe COMPLIANCE to 9001:2000, I bet a good many companies will forego the cost (especially considering the economy of the last 2 years) and hassle of going the certification route. And why not! I'd like to see the certification industry significantly curtailed.

Jim Wade is usually on top of news coming from TC 176 and various individual members of the group, so I assume he will post any word from them. It should be interesting.

M

M Greenaway

I am sure TC176 have little concern over the number of certificates issued !

N

NYHawkeye - 2005

Currently working towards certification - audit in 18 days!

Top Bottom