Updating Quality Manual to API Q1

HeatTreatLady

Registered
Good afternoon all,
My boss wants me to update our QM so it will comply with API Q1 9th edition. I have absolutely no clue what to do? Do i just add to our current manual with what the API spec requirements are? He wants us to get certified soon. Any help please, i feel completely alone on this one.

TYSM.
Z~

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Good day HeatTreatLady,

What certification are you pursuing? Do you have a copy of the standard?

HeatTreatLady

Registered
Good day HeatTreatLady,

What certification are you pursuing? Do you have a copy of the standard?
Good morning,
Currently we have ISO 9001:2015 and we are pursuing API Q1 9th Edition, I do have a copy of the standard from a training, but since I'm so new to quality i really feel lost.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Good morning,
Currently we have ISO 9001:2015 and we are pursuing API Q1 9th Edition, I do have a copy of the standard from a training, but since I'm so new to quality i really feel lost.
I see. Unfortunately I don't have a copy of API Q1 9th. I asked because ISO 9001:2015 does not require a quality manual at all. I don't know if that is the case for API Q1. Without having a copy of that standard and your Quality Manual, it is impossible for me to advise. I am sorry.

jmech

Trusted Information Resource
API Q1 9th Edition still requires a quality manual.

You need to update your quality system (including the manual and procedures) to address all the Q1 requirements. One systematic way to do this is with a gap analysis - list all the Q1 requirements/clauses in a spreadsheet and next to each requirement describe how it is addressed or if it is not currently addressed by your quality system. For the items not addressed, modify your manual and procedures to address them and update the spreadsheet accordingly.

API formerly provided a "conformity matrix" that was similar to the spreadsheet described above. A version of it is still available from the API website through a quick internet search (or the attachment below). Note that this version does not include addendum 2 - you will need to modify it accordingly so that you don't miss the addendum 2 requirements.

Attachments

• Q1-9th_Conformity-Matrix_Rev-3_20170731_FM-186.xlsx
    46.7 KB · Views: 300

R Keller

Registered
There is a newer version of the Q1-9th_Conformity-Matrix_Rev-4_FM-186.xlsx is available on API's website and it is a free download.

I tried to post the address but since I haven't posted over 10 times it will not allow me to post the link. I'll try to attach the new matrix to this post.

Attachments

• Q1-9th_Conformity-Matrix_Rev-4_FM-186.xlsx
    54.6 KB · Views: 205
Top Bottom