US Listing of Medical Device with Different Models

J

Julie O

A device comes in three different sizes, small, medium, and large, because patients come in different sizes, too.

The device is 510(k) exempt, but if it were the subject of a 510(k), I'd think that all three sizes could be included in the same 510(k). Similarly, I'd think that all three sizes could be covered in a single device listing.

Would I be correct?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

paulag

Involved In Discussions
It probably depends... With 510(k)s, it is all about substantial equivalence with the predicate device, so if that was available in different sizes, comparable to the three sizes of your device, that would be correct. Not sure yet how the FDA handles it when your predicate device is only, let's say, XL, and you have an extra-small one for preterm neonates?!

QA-Man

Involved In Discussions
A device comes in three different sizes, small, medium, and large, because patients come in different sizes, too.

The device is 510(k) exempt, but if it were the subject of a 510(k), I'd think that all three sizes could be included in the same 510(k). Similarly, I'd think that all three sizes could be covered in a single device listing.

Would I be correct?
You are correct.

J

Julie O

These devices are a form of consumer product headgear, so nothing for preterm neonates. The small size would probably be suitable for grade school children; the medium maybe for women, the large maybe for men, but those lines are not that sharply drawn. Customers just have the option of buying a size that fits them well, instead of OSFA.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Philippines CMDL (Certificate of Medical Device Listing) Elsmar Cove Forum ToS and Forum Policies 0
Q Medical Device Establishment Registration/Listing for Foreign Private Labeler Other US Medical Device Regulations 8
B FDA Listing of a Class I Medical Device in USA (Manufactured in China) 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 10
K Medical Device Listing for 801(e) Export of Uncleared 510(k)able Device Other US Medical Device Regulations 5
M Which documents are required for a class I medical device listing US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4
R Medical Device Registration and Listing Help 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
I FDA FURLS Medical Device Listing Naming Scheme 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
R Medical Device and Accessory Establishment Registration and Listing Query Other US Medical Device Regulations 7
Q Giving out a Medical Device DRLM Listing US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
somashekar Medical Device Establishment Registration and Listing - Notice of Changes for FY 2013 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
A Uncompleted Registration and Medical Device Listing US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
A Listing a Preamendment Medical Device 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
AnaMariaVR2 Medical Device Establishment Registration and Listing - Notice of Changes for FY 2013 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 7
G LST (Device Listing Number) for Medical Device Contract Manufacturer 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 10
K FDA Medical Device Registration and Listing Number and Information Other US Medical Device Regulations 4
pbojsen Letter of Authorization - Medical Device Sanitary Register in Ecuador Listing Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 6
D I need a medical device listing number for for Tubigrip, Molnlycke US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4
C How to find the Medical Device Listing Number (MDL Number) from the FDA website? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 7
E Finding Medical Device Listing Numbers on the USA's FDA site 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 19
bio_subbu US FDA Guidance on Medical Device Establishment Registration and Listing 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
M Listing Exempt Medical Devices with the USFDA 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
W Listing of Similar Medical Devices approved by CE NB EU Medical Device Regulations 6
Q Private Label Listing Requirements for Medical Devices Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
bio_subbu Hong Kong MDCO issues revised guidelines on listing system for the Medical Devices Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
D UL Listing - Do you find UL Listing necessary? Medical Devices Other US Medical Device Regulations 11
T Product Listing (registering medical devices) in Indonesian Market ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
A 510(k) registration and listing US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
D Certifcate of Free Sale Listing Physical Site from Belgium Competant Authority EU Medical Device Regulations 3
P Establishment Registration and Device listing - Wording of 807.20 (a) (6) Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
D Colombia Device Listing Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
S Which department manages Establishment Registration, Device Listing and GUDID? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
L Payment for Establishment Registration and Device Listing US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
Marc Latest Posts in Right Sidebar on the Forum Listing Home Page Forum News and General Information 6
Ajit Basrur FDA - Tobacco Registration and Product Listing US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
P FDA's DRLM (Device Registration & Listing Module) Listing Number Question 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 9
supadrai Confusion on 510(k) Transfer Guidance - Device Listing 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
Marc IAQG-OASIS - 9101:2016 Form 4: Cause Code Listing Now Included in Form AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
S Registration/Listing; Initial Importer - Private Label w/ Foreign Establishment 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 7
J Does anyone have an example Authority Listing SOP example? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
I GUDID listing - Inputting data into the GUDID database Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
G New model for existing Class I Device Listing (510K exempt) US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 8
ScottK FDA Listing a Class I that goes into a Class II 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
H Listing the gaps between EN ISO 14630:2012 and recent vesions Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
B How to change the FDA Device Registration and Listing Module - Owner/Operator Other US Medical Device Regulations 10
S FDA 483 Listing Observations - Mostly Corrective Action and Root Causes? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
S Question on Device Listing for a FDA registered facility US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 6
B Convenient source for finding a listing of changes to BS EN ISO standards Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 5
B Listing both OEM which is owned by OBL on a CE Mark Certificate CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4
J Device Registration and Listing - Separate for Device and corresponding Instruments? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
D FDA MDDS - Listing Obligations for a Generic Data Interface US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3