USAF DoD trained in calibration - Looking for Careerpath advice....

T

TGroulx

Hi all!

Currently I am a Calibration Tech and specialize in EVERY facet of the field. I do everything from micro inches to GHz to Amperage. I also have a specialty in computer networking.

I am USAF DoD trained in calibration, and have experience in ISO and A2LA environments.

I am about to finish my Mgmt degree from Embry Riddle this summer and I am looking at a couple of different options.

My current planned career path is a post grad cert in Project Mgmt, then launch a consulting firm specializing in Metrology.

Anyone have any ideas on other possible ideas of things I should look at? or Avenues to take?

Thanks!

Terry
(email address deleted)

Last edited by a moderator:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor
T

TGroulx

Re: Looking fior Careerpath advice....

Jennifer,

I can not list my website?

Or is it just not the clickable version ?

Thanks

Terry

CarolX

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Re: Looking for Careerpath advice....

Terry,

Jennifer has removed your email addy for your protection. The web is full of spiders that will crawl and scrap e-mail addy's from postings.

Re-post you email addy like this

terry at domain dot com

This way, only interested folks will take the time to send you a proper e-mail response.

T

TGroulx

Terry,

Jennifer has removed your email addy for your protection. The web is full of spiders that will crawl and scrap e-mail addy's from postings.

Re-post you email addy like this

terry at domain dot com

This way, only interested folks will take the time to send you a proper e-mail response.

Ah thanks, I did not have an email address listed that is why I am confused ;)

www dot terrygroulx dot com I have my career, education, and resume listed if anyone would like to take a look there :)

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Staff member
Admin

My bad, I had deleted a web site by mistake. :bonk:

Thank you Carol, for showing a way for Terry to get around that!

T

TGroulx

My bad, I had deleted a web site by mistake. :bonk:

Thank you Carol, for showing a way for Terry to get around that!
I happens to the best of us, I am on the admin team for a BBS with 75k members. I was just confused if posting my own URL was spamming ;)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Marc DOD, DHS and NASA Are Driving Adoption of Internet of Things Sensors IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 1
B DIACAP (DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process) and CON Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 2
apestate Acceptance Sampling - Interpretation of "Lot" - DOD DCMA Inspector coming Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
apestate Question on wording in DOD RFQ regarding ISO 9000 Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 7
apestate At-Source DCMA QAR DOD Inspector finds fault with Part Marking Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 5
A DoD Classification of Class 1 and 2 Design Changes and what spec it's called out in Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
Z Department of Defense (DoD) Quality Plan Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 11
R Certificate of compliance (C of C) DOD requirements for commercial items in products Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 3
ScottK The Berry Amendment (Imposed by 10 U.S.C. 2533a) for DoD parts - Trying to decipher Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 7
M Help DOD inspection - Standard temperature calipers should be calibrated at? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
E Material Review Boards - Are these DOD things a thing of the past? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 14
R APQP and Dod Product Qualification Program (Production Line Qualification) APQP and PPAP 4
Marc Where to find government DoD specifications and standards - Mil Specs Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 0
I "On the job training" as a response to how someone was trained? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 75
S Ways to demonstrate objective evidence that employee is trained and competent ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 28
P Recruiting Trained Individuals for QC Positions Career and Occupation Discussions 8
R OSHA - How often an employee needs to be Re-Trained on Safety Methods Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 4
M How can I get Trained on Regulatory Affairs? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
S What would be the evidence for trained/competent inspectors? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
C Can a Company get away with not having Employees Trained to the Processes they use? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
J Aerospace Parts not Evaluated Properly by Trained Person AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 5
M Do Internal Auditors need to be Trained? Internal Auditing 10
P Where can one get trained in belts and lean manufacturing? Professional Certifications and Degrees 10
J Does plant personnel need to be re-trained to the new ISO 9001:2008 revision?? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 15
S Internal Auditor Training - How often should an internal auditor be trained? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
I Electronic Training Records which show Evidence that People have been Trained Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 29
T 3 levels of TS 16949 Infrastructure - Process, Documented & Trained, Sustainable IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 0
J Training Question - Maintain copies of *what* people were trained on? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 26
B Writing ISO 9001:2000 Procedures - Seeking trained opinion on my procedures ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
D ISO 9004 6.2.2.2 has listed "periodic refresher programs for people already trained" General Auditing Discussions 6
S Can a trained person in our lab "certify" a piece of steel gauge General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
B Tests to give our Trained Internal Auditors Internal Auditing 19
M Training Records - Do all employees have to be trained on ISO 9001:2000? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 31
E Is it obligatory that only trained personel can carry out calibration? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1