Using Capability Maturity Model Integrator for Services

• Thread starter Mengblom - 2010
  • Start date
M

Mengblom - 2010

Does anyone have experience using the concepts of Capability Maturity Model Integration(tm) for Services as a means to gauge or characterize status and effectiveness of a quality management system?

I am in a regulatory oversight role in state government. The major oil and gas producers have their own spin on quality management - although they seldom use the word "quality" and often substitute "integrity" to imply the same meaning. Most of the management systems contain the topical elements of ISO-9001 or ISO-29001. Nonetheless, our office is tasked to assess the quality management systems. Evaluating the status (the degree to which the QMS is implemented) and effectiveness (e.g. are the supporting processes yielding expected results?) is easier said than done, I propose to use the CMMI for Services version 1.2 (2009) as a way to characterize the capability and maturity of the management system.

I'm interested in exchanging thoughts and ideas with anyone in an oversight role who is charged with evaluating quality management systems.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Does anyone have experience using the concepts of Capability Maturity Model Integration(tm) for Services as a means to gauge or characterize status and effectiveness of a quality management system?

I am in a regulatory oversight role in state government. The major oil and gas producers have their own spin on quality management - although they seldom use the word "quality" and often substitute "integrity" to imply the same meaning. Most of the management systems contain the topical elements of ISO-9001 or ISO-29001. Nonetheless, our office is tasked to assess the quality management systems. Evaluating the status (the degree to which the QMS is implemented) and effectiveness (e.g. are the supporting processes yielding expected results?) is easier said than done, I propose to use the CMMI for Services version 1.2 (2009) as a way to characterize the capability and maturity of the management system.

I'm interested in exchanging thoughts and ideas with anyone in an oversight role who is charged with evaluating quality management systems.

No direct experiences personally, but for starters, here is a blog...

Disclaimer: I am not associated with any of the organizations mentioned.

Stijloor.

Top Bottom