Using of CE marking - Two CE markings on the product

jumpman1127

Registered
Hello, seniors, can anyone answer:
My product is a medical device. Due to certain factors, there are two CE markings on the product, which are in different positions. Is this feasible?

chris1price

Trusted Information Resource
Do you mean 2 CE Marks for the same directive/regulation? I can't see why this should be a problem provided the information is consistent. Or do you mean 2 CE Marks for different directives? that will probably be an issue.

jumpman1127

Registered
Yes, 2 CE marks for the same directive/regulation.

It should be said that one of my products complies with CE regulation, this product is composed of two components, but these two components are marked with CE respectively. Is it possible to do so?

If two CE marks are placed, I worry about it will be considered that these two different products are individually CE marked?

CharlieUK

Quite Involved in Discussions
If two CE marks are placed, I worry about it will be considered that these two different products are individually CE marked?
I've not seen the product - but that is what it would look like - is it a problem if the product looks like a combination of two parts (each of which should have a DoC as they are CE marked) ?

jumpman1127

Registered
To be more specific, this is a prosthesis knee joint of medical device.....
Based on some factors, the head and body of the knee joint have CE marks(as below pic.), but this product itself is compliance with regulation MDR 2017/745. i don't know is it a problem that 2 CE marks in one product on two different part?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 29

Dofolo

Starting to get Involved
There is no maximum amount of icons in any regulation or standard, there is a minimum (1) :) A NB may argue that it is confusing to the user depending on the use case I suppose, but I've only ever had discussions on labels/icons being not visible enough ...

Regardless, as long as the icons meet requirements for size/dimensions, you can stick as many as you want on a product as far as I am aware regulations/standards wise. Only possible problem I see is that a good NB will question you on why there are two CE marks and you'll have to clarify this to them.

It looks like you are combining 2 products into 1? Do you own both designs or are you adding your own design to another parties desgin?

Top Bottom