UV-A and Illuminance meter Calibration Setup

blueicecube2

Involved In Discussions
Hi everyone - i hope you are well, vaccinated & safe at home :)

I received a rather interesting request to enable a lab to get accreditation for UV-A and Illuminance meter calibration - the entire country yet to have one.
Example of DUTs are Photostability UVA & Illuminance Detector - Precisely Calibrated For Radiometric, Photometric And Colorimetric Measurement Systems, Blacklights / UV Lamps / Meters - UV & White Light Meters - Spectro-UV AccuPro Series XP-2000 / XP-4000 - NDT Supply.com

However, I am not so in depth with optical calibration & here's what i found so far and I would appreciate a sounding board to help me affirm my findings

a. for UV measurement, the best reference standard to be used is spectroradiometer, second best is a working Digital UV Light Intensity Tester (True/False?)
b. calibration of these types of equipment required it to be done in some dark room to reduce interference (True/False?)
c. methods found so far for UV
i. https://nvlpubs.nist.gov/nistpubs/jres/16/jresv16n2p83_A1b.pdf (is there a new one?)
ii. https://www.metrology-journal.org/articles/ijmqe/pdf/2016/01/ijmqe151037.pdf (for indoor meters tho i think valid for in lab measurement)
d. methods found so far for Illuminance meter
i. https://www.nist.gov/system/files/documents/calibrations/102-3-97.pdf (valid?)
ii. https://www.ijser.org/researchpaper...alibration-System-using-Comparison-Method.pdf
iii. https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg...VPUB-C13-b67085e62462aa074bfdbef18397a322.pdf

did i get that right? any optical expert around? i would really appreciate your help - for the nation (okay, i am being dramatic).
(i'd mail you something? haha. thanks)

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Illuminance Meter - Extending Manufacturer's Recommended Calibration Frequency Calibration Frequency (Interval) 3
B Blood GLucose Meter Canada Medical Device Regulations 0
M Load Cell Calibration using a totalizer on a flow meter General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
B Health Canada - Blood Glucose Meter Registration Canada Medical Device Regulations 0
Crimpshrine13 Calibration of pH Meter Probe Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 3
S Calibration - Isolated current meter - Measuring patient auxiliary leakage current Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 4
K Calibration of Dose Area Product (DAP) Meter in our Class IIb X-Ray Medical Device General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
I Uncalibrated source to calibrated meter, then compare to UUT General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
D What is the exact Temperature Coefficient Value to be set on a Conductivity Meter? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
G Calculating Tolerance of a Panel Meter with a 2 degrees of an Arc General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
T Adding an adapter to a Torque Meter to change the Range Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 6
GURU SDI Measurement Variation in a Coating Thickness Meter Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
C Flow Meter calibration for mixed gases Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 1
C Flow meter for medical device application Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
D Hand-held Digital Tension Meter Calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
Anerol C Gage R&R for Tension Meter Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
A German MTK (MPBetreibV ? 11) Blood Pressure Meter Requirements EU Medical Device Regulations 2
M Calibration of a Power Meter Model Hm8115-2 (Hameg) General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
T Calibration procedure for Bubble Gas Flow Meter General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
B Digital Torque Meter Gage R&R General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
M In house Volt Meter Calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
P Is it necessary to show Model Number on the Labeling (meter box, label and manual)? Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
S Which Torque Meter do I choose based on CpK studies ? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 2
D State Past Due on its own Meter Inspection ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
R When does a pH Meter require Calibration? Calibration Frequency (Interval) 7
W Digital Multi-Meter Calibration Procedure for various Meter Brands and Functions General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
S Calibration Frequency for a Measurement Device: Vibration Meter Calibration Frequency (Interval) 4
K Survey Meter Calibration - Accredited Laboratory required? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
B Problem Calibrating a Krautkramer DMS 2 Ultrasonic Thickness Meter Calibration Frequency (Interval) 2
W How to verify/calibrate a Neptune Water Meter General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
S Dew Point Meter: DPL4000 - help needed Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
C Flow Meter Calibration - Outside Calibration Service vs. In-House Calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
N Laboratory that is able to Calibrate Dew Point Meter up to 60?Cdp - Needed General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
D Conductivity Meter Specification - What Is Accuracy +/- 1% Full Scale + 1 digit General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 15
Jerry Eldred Where to get UV Intensity Meter Calibrated General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
U Calibration of a Flux Magnet Meter - Any resource in Indonesia? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
E Calibration Frequency of Reference Magnets for Gauss Meter Calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
B ESD Mats on Workbenches and ESD Surface Resistivity Meter Readings Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
R Conductivity Meter Qualification Guide Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 1
M Newbie in Gage R&R - Gloss Meter and Thickness Measurement Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 7
R Qualification of Water Bath & pH Meter Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 5
R Power Meter Calibration Accuracy Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 4
B In-House pH Meter Calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 13
N Chilled Mirror Dew Point Meter for Humidity Measurement Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 2
V Calibration procedure for Torque Meter Needed General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
D Need suggestions for a mobile Spectrophotometer (a.k.a. color meter) Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
G Help in understanding my Gage R&R results on a pH meter Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
R Validation of a 1 meter rule with a Standard General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
R Calibration of on-line pH meter General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
ScottK Soliciting recommendations for a fast turnaround calibration house - Mass Flow Meter Manufacturing and Related Processes 1