Validate Software - Looking for a way to validate software written by a vendor

K
Hello,
Looking for a way to validate software written by a vendor outside our company.
Any ideas or standards? Any links or comments?
Thanks

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
This would depend upon the application. We would need more detailed info to comment.

Atul Khandekar

Quite Involved in Discussions
Are you asking about Software Quality Assurance of a Quality Assurance Software?

I develop software in Quality esp. for SPC / MSA. I was asked by a few of my clients about validation of my software. I do it periodically by entering published data ( eg. MSA examples in QS manuals) into the software and check that every time the results tally with published results. (Though i dont know why someone would feel that 2+2 is 4 today but might be 5 tomorrow :) . Anyway, i have to prove that my software always outputs 4 !)

- Atul

Bubba

Involved In Discussions
In order to effectively validate the software, you need to first come up with detailed functional specifications on what you, as the end user, expect from the software. Once you have completed that, you basically just need to challenge each of those functional specifications to ensure that you are indeed getting what you expect from your software. Don't forget to include different users and/or different computer systems where appropriate to fully challenge the functionality.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Validation of Medical Device Hardware containing Software - How many to Validate ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
S Do we need to validate Software used in Drug discovery and development process? Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 2
A ISO 13485:2016 - Validate our use of software that impacts on the QMS ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
C Do we need to Validate Off the Shelf Software? Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
B Do I need to validate my database software? Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 1
S How to validate a homegrown software 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
A Software Observation during ISO 9001 Audit - Validate and Re-validate Software ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
B Validation of statistical software - To validate a CAQ-Statistic-Package Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
T How to calibrate or validate a test software to conform with 4.11 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
Anonymous16-2 21 CFR Part 11 - Steps to take if we want to validate an electronic system Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 2
T How to “validate/qualify” a new measurement equipment? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
kisxena Memo to File - Failure to Validate Supply Chain Security Management Systems 1
A Process to Validate the Accuracy of Test Reports (AS9100) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 38
M How to validate hundreds or even thousands of parts? Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 7
B How to validate Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet Calculations for the Cpk value Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 9
M How to validate a system to make it compliant with 21 CFR Part 11 Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 2
K COTS Validation: Should we validate Windows after each Update? IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 3
A How to verify and validate the effectiveness of CAPA with regards to employees ? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
A When to verify and when to validate Design Changes 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
H How To Validate Electronic Part From Non Authorized Distributor Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 7
G Prototype Manufacturing Equipment - Validate or not to validate? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 2
SteveK How to validate Device Shelf Life? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 8
M Destructive VTMV Subgroups - A Destructive Variable Test Method to Validate Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 11
M How to validate a Dye Test method used to evaluate Package Integrity Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 8
I When to Validate and when not to Validate US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 24
C How do you Validate Solderability of Components Prior to Soldering Operations Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
M Welding - to Validate or Not? If so, How? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
V Do we need to Validate a Server/Back-End System? Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 2
I Using validated SAS JMP to validate Excel for Statistical Analysis? Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 11
E How to Validate Master Equipment that has been brought to onsite General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 12
E When to Validate a Process - 21 CFR Part 820.75.(a) 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 8
R How to bond PVC (Tygon) Tubing and Validate the Process ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 13
T Do I need to validate a basic Excel spreadsheet Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 10
R Process Validation - Adhesive Bonding, what to validate and how? Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 10
N How to Validate a Gage R&R Spread Sheet General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
A How to Validate Effectiveness of Mitigations? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 13
C Validate the idea of a Composite Performance Index Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 4
M How to determine/validate the "REQUIRED MANPOWER" in an office environment? Service Industry Specific Topics 4
R How to Validate Vision Inspection Systems Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
C Third-party lab needed to validate cleaning & disinfection? EU Medical Device Regulations 12
Proud Liberal How to validate the geometry of a 8 mm pitch, 22 tooth Gates HTD sprocket Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
T How does a tool-shop validate molds? Verification vs. Validation ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
D Validate 99.5% reliability 90% confidence - Sample size calculation Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 4
J Protocol to validate the use of Electronic Records like DHRs, NCMRs, Validations ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
N Periodically validate test reports for raw material - AS9100 7.4.3 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 15
V Calibration of a Digital Vernier - Need to check/calibrate/validate all 3 functions? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
P Last-off-part comparison used to validate the set-up (TS16949 Clause 7.5.1.3) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
E How to validate product if gage is determined out of calibration Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 19
M Digital Filling System - What do I need to Validate Here? Software Quality Assurance 1
M Seat Cover Product Validation for PPAP - How can I validate my product? APQP and PPAP 12