Validating a Gage R&R spreadsheet - Defining Formulas in spreadsheet cells

C

chriscreole

I was given a task to Validate a Gage R&R spreadsheet, something I know nothing about other than plug in the measurement results and press go. I feel real dumb right now but don't want to fail in completing the task as it will count against my performance review.

I need to explain or give definitions for the cells that have formulas in them.

example cells

% EV-TV Cell
% AV-TV Cell
% RR-TV Cell
% PV-TV Cell

is there a reference to the explanation of the formulas used in the cells that calculate gagr R&R results?

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Re: defining Formulas in cells of a spreadsheet

Welcome Chris! :bigwave:

I'm afraid your question is a little too complex for me--I am not that smart.

So I will point you to this thread, which has a spreadsheet that explains formulas and shows how they are used.

RCW

Quite Involved in Discussions

EV = Equipment Variation -->> This is the variability of the instrument when one person repeatedly measures the same item.

AV = Appraiser Variation -->> This is the variablility between operators when they measure the same thing.

RR = Repeatability & Reproducibility -->> This combines the above two to estimate the width of measurement variation.

PV = Product Variation -->> Calculated from process control charts and expressed in the same terms as RR.

Was this what you were looking for??

Last edited:
T

True Position

If your question is how validate the formulas, compare them to the formulas in the MSA standard.

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
I was given a task to Validate a Gage R&R spreadsheet, something I know nothing about other than plug in the measurement results and press go. I feel real dumb right now but don't want to fail in completing the task as it will count against my performance review.

I need to explain or give definitions for the cells that have formulas in them.

example cells

% EV-TV Cell
% AV-TV Cell
% RR-TV Cell
% PV-TV Cell

is there a reference to the explanation of the formulas used in the cells that calculate gagr R&R results?

Check this link for the Ford MSA Validation data set.

C

chriscreole

%EV-TV does this mean to subtract the TV from the EV? or is it the % of EV and TV combined?

RCW

Quite Involved in Discussions
chriscreole,

Click on the link Miner listed above. At the bottom of that link is a post by Rockerzz501. Click on the link "SAMPLE MSA CALIBRATED SHEET". You should see a spreadsheet come up in Excel. The cells at L79, L86, L92 & L98 have TV divided into its respective number, not subtracting it.

Can you examine the cells in your own spreadsheet? Is it truly subtracting or is "% EV - TV" just a label for actual data?

Top Bottom