Validating a Process Based on Lot Release Criteria

G

GTJunghoon

I'm validating a liquid filling process. The risks associated with the product failure have been assessed and preventative measures have been put in place. So, I am confident that the product will rarely fail the QC inspections.

It appears that the Jefes' want to eventually release a product lot of up to 1400 items after QC inspects and passes 2 items selected from that same product lot. I suppose this means I have to prove that the process is capable of this "lot release criteria".

How do I statistically prove that the defect rate of a process is so low that a lot of 1400 items is released after inspecting 2? :mad:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Ronen E

Problem Solver
Staff member
I'm validating a liquid filling process. The risks associated with the product failure have been assessed and preventative measures have been put in place. So, I am confident that the product will rarely fail the QC inspections.

It appears that the Jefes' want to eventually release a product lot of up to 1400 items after QC inspects and passes 2 items selected from that same product lot. I suppose this means I have to prove that the process is capable of this "lot release criteria".

How do I statistically prove that the defect rate of a process is so low that a lot of 1400 items is released after inspecting 2? :mad:
Hi,

It seems that according to the AQL-based methodology you would need to sample at least 5 units for a lot size of 1400. If all 5 are pass, the lot passes. If one fails, the lot fails. This regime correlates with an AQL not worse than 2.5 (Normal inspection).

Cheers,
Ronen.

somashekar

Staff member
Super Moderator

What is the container made of ... Is it transparent ... Do you have some sort of a scale marked on the container as it gets processed (comes from your design)
How does QC inspect ?
If I had it as said above, I would not be much bothered, as QC can inspect more samples based on your AQL selection easily.
Validation is a exercise done prior to putting the liquid filling process into use. Lot release criteria is more a check of your process effectiveness / Validation effectiveness.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Validating a Bonding Process Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 3
Gert Sorensen Validating a Sandblasting Process - Any pointers? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 10
Q Validating the AOI process (Automated Optical Inspection) Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 9
A Validating my own application developed with Agile Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 5
T Risk analysis of QMS software - Validating software we use for QMS ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
H Validating Nondestructive leak testing machine Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 3
M FDA's expectation for validating OTS software updates Other US Medical Device Regulations 8
R Re-validating revised Medical Device and Aerospace Product COTS software ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
J Validating a stopped test due to never finding any defects Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
J Validating multiple injection molding machines efficiently ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
J Grouping Products and Testing Sterile and Biocompatibility - Validating Products Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
Q Meeting the Requirement of Clause 7.5.2 on Validating Special Processes AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
M Validating a Product through Tool Control and Tool Inspections Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
G Testing and Validating a New Vertical Milling Machine AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
Q Validating Tape Measures used to Measure Product Conformity to Requirements ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
M Protocol for Validating Pull Tester and Force Gage Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 9
T Validating Supplier Statement - Rusty shield that supplier denied responsibility Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
M Validating 3rd Party Software which Tracks Archived Samples Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 2
Q Validating ESD (Electrostatic Discharge) Flooring ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
M Procedure for Validating Laser Marking & Electropolishing of Orthopedic Implants Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 13
K Validating a gage/fixture in-house under TS 16949 - Need information General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
C Validating Custom adaptations of Medical Devices ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
C Validating a Gage R&R spreadsheet - Defining Formulas in spreadsheet cells Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
Gert Sorensen Software Validating Adobe Professional according to Part 11? Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 10
D Validating software in materials testing - Integrated system of individual components General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
D Validating Multimeters (how to) General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
S Sterilization validation after changing sterilization process provider Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 2
Pau Calvo Quality Management process is mandatory in ISO9001? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
Tagin Template or Checklist for Process Change Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
LostLouie Manufacturer divorced from Design process, is he justified in design process deficiencies? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
J 1.11 Preliminary Identification of Special Product and Process Characteristics APQP and PPAP 4
D Question regarding customer feedback process ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
T What does AS9100 mean when it says you must establish a process to do X? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 24
J Process FMEA Template with examples - Cold and Hot Forged components FMEA and Control Plans 4
D Questions regarding process validation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
D Question regarding ECO process, specifically for Life Science products and defining form fit and function ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
P Managing How PPAP Requirements are Communicated in the Manufacturing Process and to Suppliers APQP and PPAP 5
I Control Plan (Product/Process specification/ Tolerance) acceptance FMEA and Control Plans 27
L Process changes and biocompatibility (ISO 10993-1) Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
A Validation of Forced Aeration Process ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
R Error Proofing Label process Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
B New Release of CQI-12 Coatings Process (Revision 3- Release date- 7/2020) Customer and Company Specific Requirements 2
D Layered Process Audits - FCA 9.2.2 - Exemption Clause? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
B ISO 11607-2 "Critical Parameter" vs. "Process Parameter" Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
Q Example Process orientation to the process leadership, management, goals (tasks of the top management) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
S Process Inspection -Sub assembly process inspection sheet Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 3
T ISO 13485 8.3 - Non-Conforming Materials - on-line rework or part of process? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
T Outsourced process in ISO 45001 Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 2
L Manufacturing Process Audit Help IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
T Formal Q Self Assessment - Problem with assigning Product and Process Customer and Company Specific Requirements 1