Validating a Process Based on Lot Release Criteria

G

GTJunghoon

I'm validating a liquid filling process. The risks associated with the product failure have been assessed and preventative measures have been put in place. So, I am confident that the product will rarely fail the QC inspections.

It appears that the Jefes' want to eventually release a product lot of up to 1400 items after QC inspects and passes 2 items selected from that same product lot. I suppose this means I have to prove that the process is capable of this "lot release criteria".

How do I statistically prove that the defect rate of a process is so low that a lot of 1400 items is released after inspecting 2? :mad:

Ronen E

Problem Solver
I'm validating a liquid filling process. The risks associated with the product failure have been assessed and preventative measures have been put in place. So, I am confident that the product will rarely fail the QC inspections.

It appears that the Jefes' want to eventually release a product lot of up to 1400 items after QC inspects and passes 2 items selected from that same product lot. I suppose this means I have to prove that the process is capable of this "lot release criteria".

How do I statistically prove that the defect rate of a process is so low that a lot of 1400 items is released after inspecting 2? :mad:

Hi,

It seems that according to the AQL-based methodology you would need to sample at least 5 units for a lot size of 1400. If all 5 are pass, the lot passes. If one fails, the lot fails. This regime correlates with an AQL not worse than 2.5 (Normal inspection).

Cheers,
Ronen.

somashekar

Leader
Admin

What is the container made of ... Is it transparent ... Do you have some sort of a scale marked on the container as it gets processed (comes from your design)
How does QC inspect ?
If I had it as said above, I would not be much bothered, as QC can inspect more samples based on your AQL selection easily.
Validation is a exercise done prior to putting the liquid filling process into use. Lot release criteria is more a check of your process effectiveness / Validation effectiveness.

Top Bottom