Validation of DoE (Design of Experiements) Model - Minitab 15

B

boucyr

Hello,
I am just starting to work with minitab 15.
I understand how to proceed ascreening (factorial design...) or an optimization (with RSM) but I do not understand how I could validate my model.
I ve used for practice datas which required Log-transformation but when I perform their analysis using Box-Behnken design for example with a quadratic model, I was not able to see that I need to perform this transformation, I was not able to get Q-square...
Could someone help me ?
Thanks !!!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Ajit Basrur

Staff member
Admin
Hello,
I am just starting to work with minitab 15.
I understand how to proceed ascreening (factorial design...) or an optimization (with RSM) but I do not understand how I could validate my model.
I ve used for practice datas which required Log-transformation but when I perform their analysis using Box-Behnken design for example with a quadratic model, I was not able to see that I need to perform this transformation, I was not able to get Q-square...
Could someone help me ?
Thanks !!!
Welcome to the Cove, boucyr :bigwave:

Does anyone have answer to boucyr's question ? Thanks in advance

A

AdamP

A bit confused here as well. The original post cites a few issues - primarily wanting to validate a DOE model, but mentions 'practice' data. In my experience, you need to run it to generate real data based on the factor/level settings to confirm, or validate the model. Also, how you make the leap from screening to optimization and then bring in Box-Behnken is not clear. There are other optimization designs besides RSM - and Box Behnken can be used in that capacity - is that what you're trying to do?

Regarding the quadratic function - sounds more like a stats issue, but is that also the transfer function you're using as the experimental basis/platform?

If you can explain the question more clearly I'm sure there are folks here who can help guide you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A The basics of DOE (Design of Experiments) & Validation Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
D Test summary report example for design validation wanted - ISO 13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
M Is Validation of Plating Processes required and who is responsible? Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 10
T ISO 13485 - Process validation at critical suppliers ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
K Software Validation for Measurement Tools used in Process Validation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
Stoic Manual soldering processes - 100% verifiable, or always requiring validation? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 13
P Design verification driven by new equipment. How is this different than process validation? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
S Rees System Validation Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 1
K PQ validation qualification - Asked to write a PQ protocol ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
Stoic Are any medical device companies using the 2011 FDA process validation guidance instead of GHTF/SG3/N99-10:2004? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
K Old medical devices -> 7.3.7. Design and development validation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
S SOP for ISO 13485:2016 Quality related Software validation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
Y Retrospective Validation - Class I device 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 10
S High voltage testing - ISO 17025 - 7.2.2 Validation of methods and 7.3 Sampling ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
M Production approval testing - Alternative ideas for Validation Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 4
M Validation of two nearly identical products Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 5
J Requested Validation plan and reports Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
S Validation Records - Very young QMS Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 2
M Test method validation - Is MSA (MSA1, MSA2, MSA3 and linearity) a good solution? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
G Devices from IQ, OQ or PQ process to be used for verification, validation and summative? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
K ERP System Software Validation - ISO13485 2016 4.1.6 Design and Development of Products and Processes 8
W ASTM F1929 dye penetration test - validation for in-house testing ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
Bev D Verification and Validation of Measurement Systems Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 0
Y Does Solidworks (2D/3D drafting modules) need validation? Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 5
D Software validation in Medical Equipment Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 20
K Validation of new machine (second machine of the same type) Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 2
A Literature review/HACCP validation of metal detection Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 0
Y Packaging validation for non-sterile Medical Equipment Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
A Our auditor told if we didn't have a patent we would have to do a validation or verification ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
N Design Verification & Process Validation - Statistical sample sizes Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
E Equipment Qualification - IQ/OQ per ISO 13485:2016 section 7.5.6 Process validation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
Q Clean Line Validation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
D 510K and Changes to Verification and Validation US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
H EO Sterilization Validation - Sterility Testing and Load Configuration Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
C Looking for simple Software Validation IQ templates. Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 4
R Which pieces of equipment require equipment validation? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
D Validation of existing equipment - Risk based approach example ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
S Validation of eQMS - Cloud based out of the box solution Other Medical Device Related Standards 14
A Reprocessing, Cleaning, Disinfection and Sterilization Validation EU Medical Device Regulations 4
D Validation of existing equipment - I have been asked to write a quality assessment for equipment ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 13
Ed Panek Label verification and validation US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 5
D Framing FDA Questions - Validation US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
S Computer System Validation of Bioinformatics Pipeline Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 5
A Would an MRP system that has been in use for over 10 years require validation? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
J Extent of Validation - New machine installed in manufacturing ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
C Software validation - Off The Shelf Software - Web hosted ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
D ISO 13485 - Equipment validation , qualification Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 6
B API Q1 5.7.1.5 Process Validation - Machining, heat treating, Manganese Phosphate and Zinc Plating Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
C Design Transfer Review - Before or after PQ validation? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
R Please share your method used for PEMS Validation IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 5