SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

Validation of Special Process - Soldering

I

intrestedparty

How to Validate the special process - Soldering

I qualify my employee, equipement, method, and i define some work instruction and i am difficult with re verification.

How can we re verify the soldering process, there is any standard for measuring the soldering strength,

Kindly give some more link of SOP or work instructions for Soldering

Regards

Karthi.T

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
D

David Hartman

Karthi. T,

At www.ipc.org you will be able to purchase ANSI/IPC-A-610D titled Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies which gives you great pictures of good and bad solder joints - providing guidance as to what's acceptable and what's not.

I hope this helps.

By the way: Welcome to the Cove.

H

HFowler

I also would be interested in knowing how to validate soldering / tinning. We are a cable / wire harness manufacturer and do more tinning of stripped leads.

Big Jim

Super Moderator
You may find some help with the IPC standards. IPC 610 and IPC J Standard. Although the two above are mostly for circuit board work, the concepts should be useful.

The basic idea is that there is a level of training to be completed which is supplemented with inspection. The above standards provide numerous illustrations of good and bad examples.

Mikishots

Trusted Information Resource
Karthi. T,

At www.ipc.org you will be able to purchase ANSI/IPC-A-610D titled Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies which gives you great pictures of good and bad solder joints - providing guidance as to what's acceptable and what's not.

I hope this helps.

By the way: Welcome to the Cove.
Agreed, an excellent resource, with many macro photographs for ease of use.

I think that it's one of the more useful and straightforward styles of standards I've come across.

sowmya

Involved - Posts
for cable harness you can refer ANSI / IPC/ WHMA-620B. IPC 610 is specifically for printed circuit board assemblies. Again 620 is acceptance standard. what you have to qualify is the process.

you have to train operators in following aspects and do on job validation.

1.Setting temparature in Soldering station (based on cable & wire type).
2.Prerequirement for starting the soldering process. such as work place organizing, tip maintenance, wetting the sponge used for cleaning...etc.,
3.ESD ( Electrostatic Discharge), PPE ( Proper Protective equipments ) to be followed
4.How to solder the wire ? , Checkpoints for after soldering process.
5.Usage of FLUX & cleaning agent, Lead & Lead free,alloy,Soldering types. awareness in these aspects are critical.

there are demo videos in IPC site. you can go thro the demo videos and buy appropriate one for your training purpose.

sowmya

Involved - Posts
I do not say 610 will not work. 610 has jumper soldering, tinning...etc., but 610 is a bigger stuff for cable harness industry. 620 covers tinning and soldering of wires and connectors.
WHMA-A-620 Instructor Training Course Topics
?Cable and wire dimensioning, tolerances and preparation
?Crimp terminations: ◦Stamped and formed contacts
◦Machined Contacts
?Insulation displacement connections
?Ultrasonic welding
?Soldered terminations
?Splices
?Connectorization
?Molding and potting
?Marking and labeling
?Co-ax and twin-ax assembly
?Wire bundle securing
?Shielding
?Installation
?Wire wrap (solderless)
?Testing of Cable/Wire Harness Assemblies

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Injection Moulding Process (Special Process) Validation Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 2
T "Special Process" Validation Requirements (21 CFR Part 820) 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 15
M Application of Special Process - Validation and FAI in Wind Tunnel Testing AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
S Special Process Validation - ISO9001 Clause 7.5.2 - How do I go about it? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 33
D "Special Production Process" Validation and TS16949 Clause 7.5.2.1 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
C Special Process Validation - Electroplate - 7.5.2 of AS9100B AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
F Process Validation of 'Special Processes' - How do I? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
K Process Validation - Hand soldering of components & wires on PCB - Special Process? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
A special process validation ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
R Validation of Processes for Injection Moulding - Special Process? Clause 7.5.2 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
T Passivation Validation - Is passivation is considered a "special" process by the FDA? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
S OEM full range calibrations vs Validation special test points Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
J ISO 13485 - 7.5.2 cleanliness , 6.4.2 validation of special processes, and 6.4.2 contamination ability to be exempt? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
M AS9110C Clause 8.5.1.2 Validation and Control of Special Processes for Repair Station AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
W AS9100D Clause 8.5.1.2 Validation and Control of Special Processes AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 37
S Validation of Special Processes - Are Casting and Forging Special Processes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
N Validation of Special Processes - N/A of ISO 13485 Clause 7.5.2 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 12
D Special 510k - Data Results of the Design Verification and Validation Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
S Validation Of Outsourced Special Processes under AS9100 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 14
V Validation & which processes are called special processes & why not all the processes Manufacturing and Related Processes 9
C 7.5.2 Validation of processes - Special Processes - Transportation Service Industry ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 15
L Validation without Tolerance Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 0
shimonv Test Method Validation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
R Debug mode in software/device validation IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 2
M Software verification and validation AS9100 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
Melissa Process Validation of Rotary Heat Sealer Speeds Design and Development of Products and Processes 4
C Validation of process for releasing the UDI EU Medical Device Regulations 4
C Validation of process for production and servicing 5.7.1.5 API Spec Q1, 9th Edition Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 3
W Transport validation Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 4
M Is validation required when consumables are changed Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 6
C 8.3.4 Verification and Validation ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
W Transport validation Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 12
mustomutlu Process Validation Final Report Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 2
P Software verification and validation procedure IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 6
Y SaMD Verification and Validation SOP and Plan IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 8
C Spreadsheet Validation and Release Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 2
M Packing Validation & Accelerated Aging Test ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
M Sterile packing validation tests to be performed and protocol Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
H Software Validation for FFS Packaging Machine Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 1
Q ISO 13485 7.5.6 Validation - Off the shelf Software ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
M ERP / QMS related software standards for Validation IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 6
C ISO 19227 Validation Cost Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
A CNC Mill and Lathe - Validation Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
N Example for design and development planning,input,output,review,verification,validation and transfer Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 4
N Sterilization Protocol Change in Validation Process and further impacts ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
B Oracle Cloud ERP Validation during Quarterly Patch ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
D Software validation team Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
W LTPD, AQL, Ppk and Cpk validation sampling plan table Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 0
J Validation Sample Size for Tray Seal Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 3
F AS9100 - Validation, FAIR's, ITAR and Sub-Contracting AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3