Value of ISO 9001 for a Clinic in Ohio

R

Roger Eastin

There is an interesting article in this month's issue of Quality Digest on how implementing ISO9000 (with an eye on using the value-added portions of the standard) helped a clinic in Cleveland, Ohio. It is particularly interesting because if the article didn't tell you that it was a clinic (and changed some of the medical terminology) , you would think it was a classic story on how a manufacturing operation improved performance with good quality practices.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
I haven't read it but that's one reason why I've posted several excerpts from the news group here - one was on a brewery registering. I'm sure you are aware colleges and universities have registered.

That's the 'promise' of ISO 9001 as contrasted to QS9000 - ISO can be addressed by any (and I do stress ANY) company regardless of what they supply. hich, as I understand it, is the intent. I know of a junk yard (these days called a recycling facility) just up the road from me which registered!

I'll have to check out the QD article. Thanx!

[This message has been edited by Marc Smith (edited 11-11-98).]

D

Don Winton

I also found the article very interesting. As Marc said, it demonstrates the flexibility of ISO 9001. The article was interesting in another respect. It demonstrates what is possible when a company seeks ISO 9001 quality system registration for the RIGHT reasons, i.e quality and process improvement.

Regards,
Don

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Value of an integrated system (iso 9001, iso 14001, oshas 18001) Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 11
Marc The Value of ISO 9001 Registration and the 'Dark Side' of Implementation ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 18
Marc Interesting Discussion ISO 9001 - Snake Oil? A discussion of the validity/value of ISO 9001 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 60
A The Value of ISO 9001 in the 'Real World' ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
T What is the Value of ISO 9001 Certification? Assessors don't do 'their job' Registrars and Notified Bodies 6
P Which ISO 13485 clause(es) are applicable for Value Proposition Creation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
T ISO Auditor Training - What online training is actually value added? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
W DIN ISO 1101 - Show me the General Dimensioning Tolerance Value Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 3
T Calculating Characteristic Value using ISO 16269-6 Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 5
M BS ISO/IEC 17799:2005 and ISO 27001:2005: Any advice on value and implementation? Customer and Company Specific Requirements 4
A Linking ISO 9000 to Economic Value Added ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
M Determining a tolerance value for Measuring devices in-house inspection General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 12
Proud Liberal Improving low p-value Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 13
BeaBea Registrars with VAR (Value Added Reseller) experience Registrars and Notified Bodies 7
qualprod Best approach to get a real value as average? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
F Missing value of Uncertainty B Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 9
F Calibration certificate content - Average Value and True Value ISO 17025 related Discussions 6
S In BAC5300 we have machining mismatch allowed is 3tau, what is the value of tau? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
S Change value of target during a batch Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 0
A Acceptance p-value for linearity and bias analysis in minitab results Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
A Torque Value for Different types of Fasteners (Socket Head, Button Head, CSK) Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
M IATF 16949 - 8.5.6.1.1 Providing a list of process controls: Does this requirement add value to QMS? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
qualprod Cycle times, value stream mapping, inventory, average values? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 1
Ashok sunder What are the criteria for setting a target KPI value against a quality objective? Benchmarking 7
S Adding Value prior to signing EASA Form 1 EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 5
M Creating a Plant Level Value Stream Map Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 1
A IMDS - Changing the Locked Weight Value RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 1
T Value Chain Map for Food Services Industry Service Industry Specific Topics 1
O P-Value less than 0.05. but everything else in control Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 19
qualprod P x I = Value interpretation for residual risk? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
O CPK with a P value less than 0.005 Manufacturing and Related Processes 8
G What degrees of freedom means in uncertainty budget and how do I set the value Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 2
Q Really do they add value (Vision, Mission, Values)? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
D What is the exact Temperature Coefficient Value to be set on a Conductivity Meter? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
M Value Stream Mapping Calculations Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 5
L How to interpret the average R bar Value shown in the R Chart Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
G Non Value Added Corrective Actions IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 15
R How To Calculate & Print CDF and Lower Bound CDF value for some t(time) with Minitab? Using Minitab Software 1
P Purpose of calculating Uncertainty value in calibration study Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 5
J Agenda of Value Stream Mapping workshop required Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 1
M What is the value of documenting in-process rework for easily-detectable issues? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
R VSM - Value Stream Mapping (catheter manufacturing unit) Customer Complaints 10
W Quality for value adding or certification? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 23
T Cpk for 0 as Ideal Value Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
dubrizo Internal Audit Value - What is the point of conducting internal audits to a checklist Internal Auditing 40
L 5 minutes only for this Survey on the Value of PDCA and Your EMS Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 1
M How calculate P value for Linearity and Bias using Excel Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 8
J F and P-value in L9 Taguchi Design Using Minitab Software 22
Sean Kelley Value of Ppk or Cpk when targeting thinner material Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
B How to validate Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet Calculations for the Cpk value Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 9