Various Audit Templates - Canned forms and templates

Starting our audit system from scratch since we are a growing manufacturing company, was wondering if anyone had any good auditing schedule, check list, audit plan templates to help a fella, or if you have a good resources that would be greatly appreciated

Steven Severt

Starting to get Involved
Starting our audit system from scratch since we are a growing manufacturing company, was wondering if anyone had any good auditing schedule, check list, audit plan templates to help a fella, or if you have a good resources that would be greatly appreciated
What system are you auditing? (ISO 9001:2015, ISO 13485:2016, ISO 45001:2018, etc.)

Steven Severt

Starting to get Involved
Be careful with templates. Templates are good to check compliance to a clause, but you need to use knowledge of your process to perform an effective process audit. Even if you can check all the boxes, it doesn't mean you process is effective.
I second this. I think templates can be a great place to start to ensure that you or your audit team understand the criteria that they are auditing against, but if relied on too heavily they will severely limit what can actually be accomplished in an audit. Some of my auditors often ask for these types of tools, and are regularly frustrated that I would rather teach them auditing methods and have them make audit plans based on the criteria, past audits, their knowledge of the process, etc. with plenty of ideas about what they want to ask and see before they perform the audit. But doing so always produces better results.

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin
I think templates can be a great place to start to ensure that you or your audit team understand the criteria that they are auditing against, but if relied on too heavily they will severely limit what can actually be accomplished in an audit.
This caution has come up a number of times over the years. Example forms and templates are valuable as examples - Food for Thought, so to speak. No more, no less.

another question for the masses, is it ok to communicate to your ISO auditor before your pre-assessment, stage 1 and stage 2audit? Example- introducing yourself , any parking lot question you would have leading up to an audit, etc.. or is it best not to reach out at all.

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Staff member
Super Moderator
another question for the masses, is it ok to communicate to your ISO auditor before your pre-assessment, stage 1 and stage 2audit? Example- introducing yourself , any parking lot question you would have leading up to an audit, etc.. or is it best not to reach out at all.
I don't see any problem with that. That is always a good idea to develop that type of "business" relationship with your CB. Most likely that would be filtered through the sales contact of the CB.

Just my opinion.

Top Bottom