Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

vBulletin to Xenforo Import Problem Reports 28180928

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin
...but save it, so that when you return to that thread, whatever you typed and decided not to post is sitting there in the edit window...
Use this option:

Delete a Draft 1.jpg

Then leave the page and go somewhere else - Or Refresh the page in your browser.

I promise you - A Draft will not haunt you forever and forever...:eek:

Last edited:

JoshuaFroud

Involved In Discussions
When editing signatures they now appear to be limited to 50 characters. This does not allow for much to be included.

Signatures that already exist above this limit seem to still be working fine until they are edited.

Is this an intentional change?

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin
When editing signatures they now appear to be limited to 50 characters. This does not allow for much to be included.
There are lots of settings. I don't remember how many the old vBulletin was set for. It's just a setting. How many characters would you suggest? I think it's currently 50 characters and 3 lines.

JoshuaFroud

Involved In Discussions
There are lots of settings. I don't remember how many the old vBulletin was set for. It's just a setting. How many characters would you suggest? I think it's currently 50 characters and 3 lines.

I understand not wanting to have an essay in signatures in the spirit of keeping the forum clean, however, I think it may be set to 50 characters over three lines rather than 50 characters per line (if that was the intention). I tried copying and pasting your current signature as if new and had it error out (see attached). I would say maybe 150-250 Characters would be plenty for almost everyone. I think your current signature is around ~230.

Attachments

Top Bottom