Verification of Process Changes (AS9100 clause 7.5.1.2)

RCW

Quite Involved in Discussions
With regards to 7.5.1.2 Control of Production Process Changes....

I'm trying to get an idea on how to go about confirming "that the desired effect has been acheived without adverse effects to product conformity." A majority of my AS&D work is build-to-print so drawings aren't changed here. However we do have work instructions, which are embedded into our traveler for the assembly.

What would constitute a subsequent assessment? I'm assuming "hey, the part passed q.c." is not acceptable?

How do you address this part of the clause?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Mikishots

Trusted Information Resource
Re: Verifying Process Changes (AS9100 clause 7.5.1.2)

Very often, it ties in with first article inspection requirements, namely the determination of additional FAI requirements based on production process changes.

An example could be something like the following: A part was previously made on separate mills and lathes, but now you have a brand-spanking new 69 axis SuperTwist 2000 that can do it all in half the time. You have to prove out the process to show that it can meet the requirements of your drawings and other data.

Even something as innocuous as moving a machine or jig can warrant a review. Changing the sequence of operations can also trigger the requirements defined in subclause 7.5.1.2.

Last edited:

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
With regards to 7.5.1.2 Control of Production Process Changes....

I'm trying to get an idea on how to go about confirming "that the desired effect has been acheived without adverse effects to product conformity." A majority of my AS&D work is build-to-print so drawings aren't changed here. However we do have work instructions, which are embedded into our traveler for the assembly.

What would constitute a subsequent assessment? I'm assuming "hey, the part passed q.c." is not acceptable?

How do you address this part of the clause?
Also think of changes to the router / shop traveler (skipping operations or doing out of sequence step) such as painting the area that needs to be NDT - extreme but I have seen it done. You might also look at performing Delta on parts that the software was changed - CNC upgrades that would affect form, fit or function.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Design verification driven by new equipment. How is this different than process validation? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
G Devices from IQ, OQ or PQ process to be used for verification, validation and summative? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
N Design Verification & Process Validation - Statistical sample sizes Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
R Supplier related drawings and verification of process requirements - Source Inspection AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 3
APHX02 Thread Roll Process Verification w/in AS9100 (i.e. BSP-F-69/AS8879) Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
S "Process Verification" of manual process Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
S Annex II List A IVDs - Batch Verification Process EU Medical Device Regulations 2
S SAE AS9015 Supplier Self Verification Process - Delegation Programs. AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 1
V Sampling Plan for Final Inspection and Process Verification Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 21
G AS9100 Clause 7.5.1.1 Production Process Verification Requirements AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 7
J Production Process Verification - AS9100 Clause 7.5.1.1 AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 9
D Verification Requirements in a Machining Process Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 6
D Precision Balance Verification and Calibration Process General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
M Sample Size in Design Verification & Process Validation Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
W Can Process Validation actually be Design Verification? Design and Development of Products and Processes 4
Z Incoming Verification process utilizing the supply base Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
Q Differences between Sample Sixes for Design Verification vs. Process Validation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
D Difference between Process Verification vs. Process Validation in APQP? APQP and PPAP 4
A CPA (Corrective and Preventive Action) Verification and Validation Process Steps Nonconformance and Corrective Action 9
Q Verification / Validation methods - 8D (Eight Disciplines) process Nonconformance and Corrective Action 1
R Sampling Plan - The process involves verification of employment Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 7
D Design and Process - Validation vs. Verification - What is the difference? Design and Development of Products and Processes 20
I Process Verification And Aproval - Phase 4 of APQP APQP and PPAP 3
K IEC 62304 compliance - Code reviews as part of verification strategy IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 5
S Documenting Design Verification Test Results (ISO 9001) Design and Development of Products and Processes 1
C Documentation for items used for Design Verification 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
W Seeking Guidance Verification Test Strategy for Class B Medical Devices IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1
NDesouza Verification of Supplier RCCAs Nonconformance and Corrective Action 5
I IATF 2016 - 8.5.1.4 Verification after shutdown due to COVID19 Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 1
M IATF 16949 8.5.1.3 Verification of job set-ups - Do we need secondary check? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
G Supplier flowdown verification of tests and revisions Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 0
M Calibration or Verification? What terminology to use ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
Bev D Verification and Validation of Measurement Systems Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 0
A Our auditor told if we didn't have a patent we would have to do a validation or verification ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
D Design Verification - Is testing required? Design and Development of Products and Processes 5
J Verification of purchased product / Alexa as a medical device ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
C Machine Verification Plan Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
A What to do when 100 % verification is not 100 % Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
R Design Verification Documentation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 19
D 510K and Changes to Verification and Validation US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
R Design verification for interim design outputs - sampling rationale ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
B Verification/release medical device modules Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 7
V Calibration certificate verification Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 3
Ed Panek Label verification and validation US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 5
D Testing to failure for design verification Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 11
D Supplied item design verification Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 5
Ronen E A Rational Basis for Design Verification Design and Development of Products and Processes 5
V Which batches should or could be considered for design validation and design verification? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
R Medical Device Design verification sample prototype Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 14
I Medical device Validation/Verification template ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1