Verify GB/T 16886 is the same as ISO 10993

B

bbrown579

I have submitted a 510k for a medical device manufactured in China. Bio testing was done under GB/T 16886 and FDA tells me they only recognize ISO 10993. Can anyone direct me to documentation that verifies the correlation of the two?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
The foreword in GB/T 16886-1 clearly stated that GB/T 16886 is equivalent to ISO 10993. I have attached the Chinese version here for your reference.

I believe if the lab you conducted the GB/T 16886 test is competent and qualified, then you may claim the report/test being equivalent. However, I think the ultimate decision of acceptance is still with FDA.

I hope this helps.

Attachments

B

bbrown579

Thank your for your reply. This is pretty much where we're at. Getting a translation of the forward and try to convince FDA it's the same.

H

hxy8899

Be very careful when using ISO standards assuming they are equivalence of the GB/T standards. GB/T sometimes make minor changes to their standards and they use older versions of ISO, which result in huge difference in test requirements.

M

MIREGMGR

If the lab agrees that the test process they applied was fully consistent with the necessary levels and versions of ISO 10993, get them to re-issue their report set in English, specifically re-written to say that they tested not to GB/T standards, but to ISO 10993 standards.

What matters is whether the test process they performed met the requirements of the corresponding ISO 10993 level/version. If it did, they should be willing to say so.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Verify Software Architecture - supporting interfaces between items IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1
M How to verify profile gages provided by customer General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
E Layouts : Can you "verify" things that are not visible (such as loctite present, internal dimensions) in a layout ? APQP and PPAP 2
Kuldeep Singh How to verify the Storage and Transport environmental condition for Medical Device Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 3
J How to verify the actual capacity of suppliers Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
V Regrinding Material - Verify whether a product contains any regrinding material Manufacturing and Related Processes 13
Q Using Caliper A to verify Caliper B - Verification of Calibration ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
V Tie-wrap pull test to verify contact retention Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
D How to Calibrate and Verify a Heating Oven General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
A How to Verify Supplier I-9 Forms for ITAR Requirements Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
O Creating a Tool to Track & Verify Mistake Proofing Devices Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
N What is the easiest way to verify we have the correct customer supplied materials? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5
R IEC 62304 - 5.2.9 Verify Software Requirement IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 5
A How to verify and validate the effectiveness of CAPA with regards to employees ? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
R IEC 62304 Section 5.3.6 Verify Software Architecture IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 4
R LKV Value: Can not verify Reliasoft Case Study Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 2
S Verify Software System Testing: Verify that results meet the Pass/Fail Criteria IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1
L Gauge to test and verify a Set Square Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
D What to verify on Test Setup for Environmental Testing General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
A When to verify and when to validate Design Changes 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
D Since NIST # can not be used to verify Traceability - What an Auditor should do AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
C I need to verify the surface profile of a part - Sine plates General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
W How to verify/calibrate a Neptune Water Meter General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
optomist1 CMM Shortcomings - GD&T - Inability of CMMs to verify the MMC situation Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
C How to Calibrate and Verify Torque Multiplier Gages General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
J How do I continually Verify Compliance to my Processes? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
R A way to verify 7075 T0 Aluminum has been successfully Heat Treated to T6 Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
Ron Rompen Recommended Rockwell 30T Scale Hardness Tester to verify Incoming Product General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
D How to verify a process that uses software to accomplish certain tasks? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
X Cannot Verify until Customer uses Product - Clause 7.5.2 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
C Surface Plate Calibration - How to verify the flatness of a granite surface plate General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
E How Do You VERIFY Customer Property? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
R Verify Accuracy for Validation of CNC Starrett Vision System Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
L Verify, Inc. Source Inspection experience? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
H Definition Inspect, Review, Verify and Witness - What are the definitions and differences? Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 5
B How to inspect Mylars to verify dimensions, grid lines and grid points Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 17
D How do I verify the Cold Room temperature in Restaurant Kitchen Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 7
C Bridgeport Mill as a Gage - Verify gage dimensions using a Bridgeport Mill Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 4
A Test Method - DIN ISO 1133 for melt flow needed to verify supplier results Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
F How would you Verify Repeatability and Reproducibility of Measurement Systems? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 5
S How to Calibrate or Verify Screw Pitch Gages General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 16
J Work Instruction to Calibrate or Verify a Combination Square General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 15
Howard Lee Hygrometer Calibration - Best way to verify accuracy of a 'reference' Hygrometer? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 11
C How to verify the SAL (sterilie acceptable level) is 10-6 for ETO Sterilization ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
K Could someone verify the levels of quality management system standards Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
K Prohibited metal verification - I am not sure of a PHYSICAL way to verify this Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 9
P CMM Programming verification - How would you verify that a CMM program is correct? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 5
Douglas E. Purdy To Verify Concentricity of Flats to a Centerline General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
Adriane Need Help to Verify an Infrared Cure Oven General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
K Verify paper print to CAD file so we can use the CAD models for inspection purposes Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 8