Vertical vs Horizontal Integration ISO9000 QMS

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Colin

Quite Involved in Discussions
Maria, interesting question but I am not sure what you mean, could you elaborate a little?

My only thought is that you refer to a QMS which is based around the departments of the organisation as oppose to one which follows the processes of the organisation - could that be it?

LUV-d-4UM

Quite Involved in Discussions
Thank you for the references. I think this is what I need for now. I have to develop some deliverables for my stake holders.

What is the difference between a Vertical and Horizontal Integration ISO9001 QMS?
In my experience, it's whether the QMS is implemented at a grass roots level - that is 'the people are following the procedures' - compared to whether management use the qms as a strategic tool. Probably the vast majority of implementation is horizontal and not fully integrated as a combination of the two components...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O Air Flow - Which is the operational difference between LAF (vertical and horizontal) and RLAF? Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
J Datum B and C are each both vertical and horizontal - Tolerance of Position Question Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
E Horizontal and Vertical Standards - Definitions in EU Technical File - ER checklist EU Medical Device Regulations 1
L Process Maps - Change from Vertical to Horizontal Swimlanes - Visio Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 3
M ISO 17025 Audit check list to conduct horizontal and vertical audits ISO 17025 related Discussions 10
R ISO 17025 vertical audit checklist wanted Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
R Vertical Supplier Audit Plan Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 4
G Testing and Validating a New Vertical Milling Machine AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
E Oscilloscope Measurement Uncertainties - MU Components for Vertical Deflection Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 3
B SMED in a vertical CNC Lathe Workstation consisting of 3 similar machines Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 2
B Laboratory Vertical Audit advice and information needed General Auditing Discussions 1
D Clipboards (vertical) for Chemical Laboratory? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
I How to add a vertical reference line in my excel .xls bar graph Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 9
S GR&R for an "R" value instrument installed on my 10K Horizontal Tester Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
V Horizontal Boring Machine Calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
kedarg6500 Horizontal Deployment of Corrective Action - is it Preventive Action? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 21
D 62304 code review, unit test, integration test example IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 2
PQ Systems Device Integration with SQCpack - 3 Part Series Using SQCpack Software 0
0 ISO 13485:2016 Chapter 8 Integration of the subsections ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
P IEC 62304 - evaluation of integration and system testing IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 4
Sidney Vianna Informational ISO releases second edition of handbook on Integration of Management System Standards Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 0
A Integration of Information Security in an existent Integrated Management System IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 4
tony wardle Lean and TS16949 - Integration Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 4
S ERP Software and Quality Department Procedures Integration Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 4
O Integration of ISO 14001, OHSAS18001 and ISO50001 Management System Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 1
A Integration of Management System (Power Station) Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
x-files Standpoints about integration of Policies & Manuals ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
D Integration of ISO 9001 and OHSAS 18001 - Management Manual Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 5
E Owns Customer Property but No Product Integration ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
Marc Definition IFAT - Integration Factory Acceptance Testing Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 0
A Forklift Integration into the Quality Manual AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 14
P Integration of Lean and Six Sigma Six Sigma 3
J RoHS/REACH Compliance Tools and PLM Integration RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 14
P ISO 22000 and ISO 9001:2008 Manual and Procedures Integration Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 9
R Quality and Environmental Management System Integration Benchmarking 11
V Process Validation Guidance establishing the Integration with QbD - April 2012 Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 1
E CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration) - questions Software Quality Assurance 5
M Integration of Management Systems in a Company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
T Integration of Supplier Quality Assurance within Plant Engineering Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 5
E System Integration - How to integrate ISO 14064 and ISO 9001 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
B Integration of ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 with ISO 9001:2008 REACH and RoHS Conversations 5
S Integration of HR (Human Resources) and Quality Management Systems ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
A Organization Chart Control and Quality Manual Integration ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 15
V Integration of Quality Manual and Procedure Manual Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 13
sagai SCRUM integration into IEC62304 IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 2
R CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration) - Ever heard CMMI? Software Quality Assurance 5
T Most appropriate ISO Standard for Design & Integration company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
T CAPA Software with Oracle integration capabilities ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
F Strategic Planning and Quality Management System Integration ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 20
S help me.......18001/14001 integration documents ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 13