Video under Document Control SOP

invitro_spain

Involved In Discussions
Hi Folks,

I wonder How I can apply the Document Control SOP and ISO 13485 requirement to a video. The content of this video is the description of our device method of use. So, the video is used for the Customer training.

Any idea will be appreciated. Thanks

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hi Folks,

I wonder How I can apply the Document Control SOP and ISO 13485 requirement to a video. The content of this video is the description of our device method of use. So, the video is used for the Customer training.

Any idea will be appreciated. Thanks
First I would make a provision in the document control procedure that videos can be considered documents and, if so, must be controlled in accordance with the procedure.

I personally would control it just like a work instruction but I would make a provision that the revision level is documented in the file name... like "Training Video 1 Rev A Jan 25 2018.mpg" or something. Use the same change control process as any other document.

I have worked with electronic doc management systems that will also accept video and audio files so it's not an unheard of thing.

invitro_spain

Involved In Discussions
First I would make a provision in the document control procedure that videos can be considered documents and, if so, must be controlled in accordance with the procedure.

I personally would control it just like a work instruction but I would make a provision that the revision level is documented in the file name... like "Training Video 1 Rev A Jan 25 2018.mpg" or something. Use the same change control process as any other document.

I have worked with electronic doc management systems that will also accept video and audio files so it's not an unheard of thing.
Thank you. Although we have and a hybrid system (paper-based and some electronics records), I suppose that modify the Document Control SOP and upload the video in the document flow (Alfresco in this case) is enough as a evidence.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Program or application for standard time measurement in industry from video surveillance? Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 1
R Pls help --- Need expert advice on Video Measurement Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 0
Sidney Vianna Informational The role of the quality professional - an interesting video by CQI Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 1
pammesue Need a new video for employee training ISO 9001:2008 Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 6
C Video Screencasts for Work Instructions ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
I Defending "No Essential Performance" for a Surgical Video Camera IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 13
J Need help/advice on video editing software etc..... Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 8
F Looking for some type of training on Lean Manufacturing video or web training Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 7
Marc Some sunday morning video - Pre-TV Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
I Funny Hypothesis Testing Video Imported Legacy Blogs 1
G Source of a Clear Fixture Block on a x-y Video Microscope - Rafaelco? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
S Seeking to learn English Video and Suggestions - I am Chinese Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 9
E MSA for criteria Automatic Video Measurement Systems Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
AnaMariaVR2 Coping with Cancer - Video Story Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 1
Stijloor Video clips in VIMEO do not run very well. After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 12
G Medical Device Digital Video Component Interface for Video Captures IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
H Design Control Requirement - Initial Distributor of a Class I Video Laryngoscope US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4
Y MRI Compatibility - Electrical Device with a Video Display Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
Z Can we establish system documents with VIDEO or HUMAN? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
Sidney Vianna ISO Video (mentions various standards) for Business and Government ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 1
S Computer Screen Video Capture and Recording Software with Audio After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 5
L Looking for training Video on FOD translated into Russian AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
K Is Video Recording an Inspection allowed by Auditors? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 5
J Clearing a Nonconformance - Video Conferencing Recordings ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
D Means Of Protection of the Video OUT of an Internally powered device IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 5
M Establishing simple procedure and work instruction using chart or photo or video Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
ScottK Video Measurement System - i.e. OGP Smartscope Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 13
P What Video Games do you play? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 29
Chennaiite Automobile Differential Mechanism Explanation Video - Amazing Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 4
H Forklift Safety - Driver loses control in warehouse (Video) Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 2
M Methods for Verification/Calibration of Video (Optical) Extensometer General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
P Is there a correlation between Teen Violence & Video Games? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 28
B MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) on a Video Microscope Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
Bilijaf ISO 9000 video clip- download ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
Steve Prevette Red Bead Video on YouTube Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 6
bobdoering Statistical Process Control for Precision Machining Video Training Course Imported Legacy Blogs 0
S Total Quality Managememt Video for sharing Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 0
M S-T 9600 Video Inspection System accuracy General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
M Digital video camera system portable for production line and other monitoring? Design and Development of Products and Processes 4
M Free ISO 9001:2008 Video Online ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
Q ISO launches video clip: "The ISO 9000 family ? Global management standards" ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
G Video Example of Quick Setup Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 8
Marc Urinal video game launched Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 1
A 787 Aircraft Photos and Video Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
L Boeing Video "Supplier Performance Measurement in BEST" - Supplier Expectations Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 8
D July ME TV: Measurement & Gaging Video Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 2
Claes Gefvenberg The ISO 14001 video clip Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 13
Sidney Vianna After the International Standard ? now comes the ISO 14001 video clip! ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 8
Sidney Vianna IAOB using video streaming for communicating with CB's ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 0
Sidney Vianna Converting PowerPoint presentations into video - software recommendations? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 12