Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

Was Just told we could ONLY buy material for AS9100 customers if the DISTRIBUTION house is AS9100 / AS9120

Was just told by a distribution company selling AMS 5643 material that we MUST buy it from an AS certified company. They are referring to AS 6279 as the driver. Any experience?

Generally I look for the thread that pulls from the low level spec ( as in must follow xxx) or from the highest level spec (AS9100) and not finding it in either place.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Staff member
Admin
I don't have a copy of the SAE AS6279 document, but the summary available from the SAE website reads as below:

AS6279B.jpg

In my experience, when I participated in the AAQSC, an SAE document would NEVER have a requirement like the one you mentioned, but things might have changed. It is a fact, though, that some OEMs mandate supplier certification to AS91X0 standards as a requirement to do business with.

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
Was just told by a distribution company selling AMS 5643 material that we MUST buy it from an AS certified company. They are referring to AS 6279 as the driver. Any experience?

Generally I look for the thread that pulls from the low level spec ( as in must follow xxx) or from the highest level spec (AS9100) and not finding it in either place.
Check with your customer (which should have been done during contract review) or check with other suppliers on their requirement. This is a new one to me.

Top Bottom