We have done NOTHING toward the ISO 9001 transition

P

pammesue

As usual, my company has done NOTHING to move forward with the ISO 9001 transition.

I need to hire someone to rewrite my manual/procedures to be in compliance and lead us in the risk assessment etc. Do our internal auditor training and take care of doing the first wave of internal audits.... EVERYTHING!!!

I contacted our registrar and they cant do most of this because of conflicts of interest.

So do I contact another registrar for quoting or do I need an outside consultant?

How much will all of this cost?

We literally have no time for all of this as our business is booming and we cannot find anyone to hire to help us produce orders let alone take care of this task, but that is another sob story.

thanks for any advice.

P

pammesue

Hire an outside consultant. I'm sure several will be happy to take your money. How much you paying?

I have no idea how much this would cost, but im sure it will be too much for my management team lol. However it has to be done!

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
Consultants aren't like candy bars with a set price.
It's more of a negotiation, starting with feeling out if it's even worth the time to negotiate...

Read Golfman's post again with that in mind...he's trying to help you get help...:notme:

qualprod

If you tell us your QMS´s status, quantity of employees, type of business, Top management interest, quantity of processes, most of us can give you an approximate time and money required to accomplish your goal.

P

pammesue

If you tell us your QMS´s status, quantity of employees, type of business, Top management interest, quantity of processes, most of us can give you an approximate time and money required to accomplish your goal.

We are ISO 9001 registered, about 60 employees. Manufacturing plant with some purchased products for resale. We have our own Design department. Mgt interest is sketchy. We have a quality manual and about 75 written processes...most are mfg work instructions that will not need to be changed.

Nashville TN area.

Golfman25

We are ISO 9001 registered, about 60 employees. Manufacturing plant with some purchased products for resale. We have our own Design department. Mgt interest is sketchy. We have a quality manual and about 75 written processes...most are mfg work instructions that will not need to be changed.

Nashville TN area.

Like I said, how much you paying. I'm not a consultant but would love a trip to Nashville. :).

Randy

Super Moderator
Here's some questions, and please understand that I'm an auditor, I do nothing now but audit for a certification body, that's it, but I've done everything else in the past related to the management system process.

As an organization what is your reasoning for doing an ISO 9001 based quality system in the 1st place?

What is the value added benefit, to your company, of having a quality system with a 3rd party certification other than getting a warm fuzzy feeling and a nice sheet of paper with writing & a logo on the wall?

If it takes more than 60 seconds to come with an answer to each you'll be creating and embellishing.

Top Bottom