We made it!!!! We are now registered (certified) to QS-9000

M

Martijn TVM

Finally after working on it for several months in December 2000 we got certified. I just want to thank everyone that has helped me with questions in the past. And I have one little question to finish of with.

I'm currently working on my master thesis and I was wondering whether someone can tell me where to find some information on the creation of the 8-D CAR methods. I know it was a ford initiative but I'd like to know things like what year, why, from where, things like this if some one could tell me that I would really appriciate it.

Furthermore good luck to everyone working on getting QS certified.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
The 8-D is not a Ford initiative or invention. The 8-D is Ford's version of a very old corrective action methodology. The main focus is determination of 'Root Cause' and 'Prevent Recurence' with a required containment step.

You say:
-> I'd like to know things like what year,
-> why, from where, things like this...

You want to know the history of corrective action?

M

Martijn TVM

No I've got all the mat'l together now and I searched through a lot of web pages. I think I have enough info now, but thanks anyway.

Marc thanks for keeping this site up and running because, it helped me a lot in implementing QS and writting the quality manual. So keep up the good work and I'll drop in this site sometimes to see whats happening.

Martijn

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Claims made by ISO 9000 registered organizations ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
J Iterative design and production for custom made products ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
J Validity / outcomes measure for custom made medical device ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
D Are Eye drops made in China classified as medical device in China? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 0
DuncanGibbons How are part cut out specimens made and tested? Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
MDD_QNA Country of origin - Made in EU or Made in Finland? EU Medical Device Regulations 1
J Custom made medical devices - Wheelchairs EU Medical Device Regulations 6
T Custom made medical device MDD vs MDR definition CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 12
M Search for predicates to see what claims are being made for those predicates 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
D Are medical device companies required to document every change made to their website? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
M Informational US FDA – Requests for Supervisory Review of Certain Decisions Made by the Center for Devices and Radiological Health – Final Rule Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
atitheya Notified bodies operating in India for medical devices made in India CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
J Custom-made implants (Class IIb) and pre-commercialization clinical trials in Spain EU Medical Device Regulations 4
C If it's not a custom-made medical device... What is it? Clinician requests EU Medical Device Regulations 11
P Material selection - How do we select a raw material? Bolt made of SAE J994 grade 2 Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
R REACH and ROHS compliance for hundreds of parts made over 25 years REACH and RoHS Conversations 3
D US Made class I CE Mark product for export only to EU Other US Medical Device Regulations 4
M Is "Made in (Country)" a labelling requirement? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 8
T IMDS - Creating an MDS out of material and a made item? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 4
L CQE Quiz - Something I made up to make aspiring CQE's head hurt Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
J How to document Corrections made to a Medical Device History File ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
JoCam Labeling Requirements for Medical Devices Made in China EU Medical Device Regulations 6
F Country of Origin or Made In Tags - Where a country is a principality EU Medical Device Regulations 11
V Ultrasonic NDT on CNC Product made of Stainless Steel General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
I Catch up 510(k) - Non-significant changes were made Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
K DoC (Declaration of Conformity) for Custom Made Medical Devices EU Medical Device Regulations 1
A Supplier Audit Request - Made be laugh ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
S Biocompatibility testing for nasal prongs made of medical grade silicone 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 9
J Supplier made a Change without Notifying Us APQP and PPAP 11
B Odd First Article Question - Part made by a sister company APQP and PPAP 7
F Registration Process Guidance for Custom-Made Medical Devices in South/Latin America Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 11
A Has anyone made an ISO9001:2015 vs. ISO9001:2008 Matrix ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 32
M Portugal Class I Medical Device Registration of device made in Italy EU Medical Device Regulations 1
W Process Validation Training - Custom made Medical Device Design and Development of Products and Processes 4
Ajit Basrur The man who made a forest ! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
A Generating Purchase Orders - Orders made over the Internet or a Phone ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
AnaMariaVR2 Warning ? Don?t Confuse ?Made In USA? And ?Inspected By FDA? With Patriotism US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
D Are implant rods (made of Titanium) passivated? Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 7
T Made up terms and words! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 14
AnaMariaVR2 Ancient statue discovered by Nazis is made from meteorite Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
J Does anyone have a summary of changes made to ISO 11137-2? Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
S Use of Made in XXX Country on Medical Device Labels Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
J Gage R&R on a Length Gage Made In-House Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
M Custom-Made Medical Device Regulations and Registration in Argentina Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 5
W Made in China - Requirement for it to be Printed on the Label? Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
I About the 510(k) Submission US Company but Products are made in China US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 5
S Changes made in Rev 4 of FMEA Reference Manual FMEA and Control Plans 1
somashekar How is "Made in USA" act applicable to Medical Devices US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 14
AnaMariaVR2 Consumer Perceptions of Product Quality Revisited: Made in China Customer Complaints 1
I When was IEC 60601-1-4 made obsolete? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2