We still have not received our certificate due to a 'backlog' with our auditing body

JoshuaFroud

Involved In Discussions
That is exactly the kind of event that I mentioned not being made transparent to you.

Don’t be surprised if they tell you they will have to perform another audit of your system, but free of charge to you.
Which is of course only free if you do not count the man hours to support said audit before, during and after.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Staff member
Admin
And, even worse, with potentially very different audit results; after all, audit results are much more auditor-dependent than system-dependent...:frust:

M.R.Falco

Starting to get Involved
Ugh, let's hope that doesn't happen. Right now it looks like they are picking up our project and finishing it (and of course re-requesting documents we sent them 7 months ago because they are lost). Whether or not that will be before the April 1st deadline for Health Canada is another matter. We told them we will not pay them any additional fees until the services we originally paid for have been completed; maybe that will provide additional motivation to complete the work.

Ellison

Starting to get Involved
We received our 13485 cert the day before it expired from both of our NB and that was no easy feat. we still have not received our reports or our MDSAP certificates. I would say the current response rate from the NBs Is about zero which is not to surprising with the one but very surprising with the other.

I dont imagine its going to get any better in the near future.

Thanks Ellison

pkost

Trusted Information Resource
the number of letters I get forwarded by suppliers from their NB saying an audit was conducted and was acceptable in lieu of a certificate quite frankly disturbs me. Sure an auditor can leave and things can get misplaced, but I would expect that to be a rarity and exceptional; auditors move regularly, they must have processes in place to hand over information. It should not be something I experence on an annual basis from at least one of my suppliers.

Same experience here during the same time frame. It took us 8 months to receive our certificates - our certs expired during that time frame and they left us hanging. The issues and lack of service have been so bad, we've decided to transfer to another CB. The transfer process so far has been a breeze compared to what we were dealing with. Don't hesitate to start looking around!

Yes this is a common issue and many CBs are noncompliant - Resources

I think more manufacturers should be auditing their CBs (if any do at all) as they are critical suppliers.

Ronen E

Problem Solver
Staff member
What would be their incentive? Not losing the business?... Doesn't look like they care... or maybe they know that manufacturers don't really have options? No, that would be too cynical. ;)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N What is our product classification? (Does Unclassified classification still exists) Other US Medical Device Regulations 14
C Document Control Stamps - Does anyone still stamp their documents? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 21
E Can we still use MEDDEV 2.4/1 rev. 9 when classifying a medical device product under MDR? EU Medical Device Regulations 4
H Can a calibration lab still use ISO 6789:2003 as guide for torque calibrations Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 1
S IMDRF or still GHTF for STED and other guidance? Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 4
Z Do we still have to put UDI if we have DI and lot number seperately on our product ? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
S Can we still manufacture whilst awaiting return of our CE Mark? Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
R FDA - How to discontinue/obsolete medical devices that share sub-components with others that will still be distributed Other US Medical Device Regulations 5
M CEP requirements in MEDDEV 2.7/1, rev 4 and MDR - Are all MEDDEV requirements still applicable? EU Medical Device Regulations 7
L 510k exemption process - Do you still need to submit technical dossier? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
Sidney Vianna IATF 16949:2016 still doesn't get 7.1.4 of ISO 9001:2015 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 15
A Can change control can be closed if the CAPA is still open? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 3
M Are ASTM F745 & ASTM F75 still valid? EU Medical Device Regulations 5
R Still confused on OPRP and CCP in an ISO 22000 Catering Business Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 3
J ISO 9001:2008 - Can I still conduct Internal Audits in my company? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
Wes Bucey Another year - still happy! Covegratulations 5
Marc The "Reading Room" forum is still here The Reading Room 5
T ISO13485 cert expired - Product still CE Marked CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
J Can a Surge test fail to a test level and still considered as Compliant? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
T Predicate device recalled - Still a valid predicate device? Other US Medical Device Regulations 7
M Is calibration from long ago still valid on never used pipettes? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
Q Can a fail still be a pass? (Criteria Level B for 61000-4-6 Conducted Immunity) IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
B Are the GHTF guidance documents still relevant? ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 5
quality1 Form IPC 1720A Assembly Qualification Profile still required? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1
R Is EN/IEC 60417 still current? Other Medical Device Related Standards 4
M Is a Management Representative still needed for ISO 13485:2015? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
Y Consultation: EN 980 still recognized by EU regulation? EU Medical Device Regulations 4
X Plans/Requests from Parent Company: Objectives or still plans? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
A CE Certificate is valid until 3.12.2013 - Can I still sell the products in Europe? EU Medical Device Regulations 10
Jen Kirley Can a company with pending air license and water permit still get certified to 14001? REACH and RoHS Conversations 2
N Is Air Burst test for oven treated condoms still required under ISO 4074? Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
AnaMariaVR2 Why Women Still Can?t Have It All Career and Occupation Discussions 1
H Transition of EN 60601-2-22 ed.2 - Still listed, not expired IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
A Essential Design Output - Still a problem 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 7
T If a company becomes TS 16949 certified does it still need ISO 9001 certification? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 12
I Are IEC 60601-1:2012 and BS EN 60601-1:2006+A11:2011 still identical? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
Marc Are you STILL in the Stock Market? World News 1
N ISO 14971:2007 vs. 2009 - Which Risk Management Standard is still accepted in the EU Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
Marc How to Live Easy in China on $475 a Month and still be able to Save Money Immigration and Expatriate Topics 2
M K-Cup (Keurig) Recycling - This recycling program is still in development Sustainability, Green Initiatives and Ecology 2
Antonio Vieira Do you still keep old numbers of Quality Progress in paper format? ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 9
N ISO 9001 Implementation - I am still confused on where to start ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 19
B CNC Machining Shop still heavily relies on First Piece and Final QC Inspection Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
S Supplier Quality Survey - Why are those surveys still sent out? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 13
Wes Bucey Job openings still scarce! Career and Occupation Discussions 0
Antonio Vieira Quality Councils - Do they still exist? Are they useful? Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 5
O Outsourcing part of Design & Dev Process- Still requiring D&D ver & val-7.3.5, 7.3.6? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
H Proprietary Processes - How to Protect and still comply when performing an FAI? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 5
T From Manufacturer to Distributor - Still keep ISO 9001:2008 Certification? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
Wes Bucey Still Thinking about a New Job for New Year? Career and Occupation Discussions 2