Web Site Quality Statement - Stating the Intent to Register (We have a plan)

E

energy

As a startup company, we are currently putting together a website with all the trimmings. I have been asked to create a Quality statement that includes our commitment to ISO 9000:2000. The fact is we have engaged a consulting company and will pursue registration later this year (2001). Preliminary procedures have been written under the previous version of ISO, but are still in the release and approval stage. In other words we have visions of sugar plums dancing in our heads. Any ideas how we can state our intention strongly without giving the impression that we comply with ISO 9000:2000? At this point we cannot state that we are in "compliance". As one of those "quality geeks", I know that there is a multitude of talent that post to this site and are capable of suggesting some creative ideas that may help me look good. Thanks.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
A

Al Dyer

In compliance to the "goals" of ISO-9000:2000???

Continuously improving our systems to be ISO-9000:2000 compliant????

ASD...

[This message has been edited by Al Dyer (edited 29 December 2000).]

D

Dubya

Al, those are excellent. I use Dubya from my home. But I am Energy when I post at work. As I said, there are some pretty talented "quality geeks" on this site and I appreciate your response.
QA Mgr. Geek
Energy

E

energy

Nothing

Marc,

If you visit the website, tenergywater.com, not only can you see the types of equipment we manufacture, but also the absence of a quality statement that can pass muster among us Quality geeks. Someone, somewhere has decided to not parse words regarding a Quality mission or statement. That's a good thing. Originally, my task was to create a "section" to mention our Quality program. I registered my objections, it remained a topic for a few weeks and quietly slipped away. There has been no obvious reduction of orders or inquiries regarding our plans for ISO registration, because of it's absence.
Maybe it's me, but I don't think it really matters. We have suppliers who put their certificate on their site, say a lot of neat Quality things and still provide inferior or nonconforming product. Smoke and mirrors for the unwary consumer. Shame on me!:eek:

J

Jim Biz

Maybe??

Sure not a Qualty "Geek" (yet ;) )- but heres an attempt

Striving -- through established management objectives -- to meet the needs of our growing customer base.

(Might be a bit much - BUT) / Might be something to build on anyway :

Regards
Jim

E

energy

Good Suggestions

Jim,
Your suggestion, like Al's, are good and would have satisfied the request. Actually, I produced 4 separate statements to the Web-Site gurus. None of them were used. I will add yours to my file. The only inquiries I get now is, "When will we be registered?". The target date has slipped from later this year to possibly late next year. Reasons? I call it "Postponed for lack of interest". I'm merely the MR who has presented the preliminary milestone plan to Management. They feel that "I" can get it done. Not!! I was dismissed from a weekly Sales meeting last week to "make me more productive". I really had no business there in the first place. The CEO asked me in a room full of people, "How's ISO coming? My answer was " It's dead in the water" He said "that is unacceptable". He said what seems to be the problem? Slightly miffed, I responded that a functional Org Chart, Management Responsibilty and a way to measure the health of the system ( I submitted several suggestions for review), an approved Quality statement (Of which I submitted several for review) among other things that Management has to do, are needed to satisfy our ISO Consultant before he will come in for Phase 2. In fact, my part is on schedule. I have been asking for these things since May, this year. All I get is "When do you think we will get certified? hello? duh" knock knock, nobody's home..Thanks for the input.:rolleyes:

A

Al Dyer

Energy,

I can feel the stress, we all want to do the job we were hired for and sometimes it doesn't work out like we expected. I'm not in a position to give you too much support currently, as I am thinking about leaving the field, too much bull**** and hassles.

I will say that you are a strong person that can handle the situations!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J New Toyota Supplier Quality Manual is on the Toyota Web Site Customer and Company Specific Requirements 1
T Changes on the Medical Devices Act in Korea announced on MFDS web site Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
WCHorn New Web Site Tab Required Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
W Lean Games and Simulations Web Site Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 0
C FDA Labeling Requirements and Company Brochures and Web Site Content US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 5
G Is it dumb to develop an ISO 17025 web site? ISO 17025 related Discussions 9
P Standards Subscription - Online web site that provides AMS, NAS, SAE etc, standards Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1
Marc My Cousin Jonny's Art Web Site - Camp Ernst Pictures Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
J FDA Launches Medical Device and Radiation-Emitting Product Transparency Web site US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
GStough Verisys Registrars - Interesting Statements on Their Web Site Registrars and Notified Bodies 2
A Learning Excel - Web Site, Book, and Add-in Recommendations Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 6
V Engineering Calculations web site Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 1
Howard Atkins New IATF (International Automotive Task Force) web site IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 26
Marc If the Elsmar Cove Forums and Web Site was Yours, What would you do to Improve? Forum News and General Information 59
BradM A Web Page with Common Internet Web Site Links as Icons After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
sathis Mind Mapping Web Site Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 2
ScottK Do any of you use "LinkedIn" or any other 'networking' web site? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 49
V Process FMEA Information - PDF file or web site about PFMEA FMEA and Control Plans 3
L Software and Web Site Development - Need help with interpreting 7.5.2 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
I Google Earth Hacks Web Site Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
Howard Atkins OEM Customer-Specific Requirements - IATF - Web Site Links Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
P Swedish to English Translator - Seeking Web Site Translator After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 11
A Web site for job descriptions and skills requirements Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 0
Marc Cripple a Mac simply by duping them into visiting a malicious web site After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
P Does any one have experience of the IMDS web site application? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 18
K Anyone know of a web site where I can find automobile parts diagrams? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
A Need help with creating useful, interesting and good internal web site about QMS!!! After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 5
D What is a good weather web site? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 3
Claes Gefvenberg Is your company web site information up to date? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 10
G ISO's Web Site - Guidance on the ISO 9001 Process Approach ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
Marc Best 'Units' Conversion Web Site and/or Program Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 6
Marc BSI and OSHA Web Site Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1
E QS 9000 Official Web Site? QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 5
Marc The Elsmar Cove Web Site Visitor Statistics - 2004 through 2012 Forum News and General Information 213
Howard Atkins FMEA Information Centre Internet Web Site and FMEA Use Survey FMEA and Control Plans 6
B Do you use paper or web-based templates for CAPA processes? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
C Software validation - Off The Shelf Software - Web hosted ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
S IFU on web page - Consequences if the most recent one is not uploaded EU Medical Device Regulations 3
K Need feedback: FMEA Web Application FMEA and Control Plans 5
G Web based tool for benchmarking audit findings Benchmarking 6
C Web based Complaint Software which interfaces with our Enovia system Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 0
G Nonconformance Categories - QMS web app to support ISO9001 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
F Looking for some type of training on Lean Manufacturing video or web training Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 7
P For any programmers in the Cove - Web based ISO System? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
T Web-based Software Device - Servers & 510k 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
S Web Based Training System recommendations wanted Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
renenatasha Usage of web articles in DHF (Design History File) 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 10
J Web based Database to Collect and Evaluate 5S Audit Results, Trends, Charts Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 3
Q 21 CFR Part 11 Password Requirement for a Web Service Software Quality Assurance 6
J Is ASQ CQM/OE web-based training worth it? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4