Welcome to Everyone! Changing from WWWBoard to UltimateBBS - 26 June 1998

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
I hope you all don't throw stones at me for switching Forum Software, but this software seemed to have some nice features. The old forum is still up, and will remain up, for searches and general info. Hopefully all the features will work - and I can't wait until the search function is implemented!

Let me know your thoughts!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
A

Andrew Bienhaus

Lookin' good Marc!

If you implement a search engine on the site itself, it will actually search through all of the messages in the UBB. As of a recent version, the messages are all stored in HTML, so they can be easily indexed...

Like I said before, we used to use the WWWBoard too, until one afternoon when we found the UBB... bought it the very same day.
smile.gif

Attachments

A

Andrew Bienhaus

Also, keep an eye on the prime-web site, as the author tends to release new versions every 2 weeks to a month on average.

Marc

Staff member
Admin
Like I told you, we'll see how many people go into shock about this new board. You know how it is - lots of threads already going on, it's hard to leave your favourite pillow (or rubber ducky), and such.

As I said in my e-mail, I'm looking for a search engine cgi for the site - hopefully find one soon.

one thing I did *not* like about webbbs is how slow it was to respond. Hopefully this cgi will be faster.....

I hope that your new software will continue to give us all the best service that we could receive.
All the best

Howard

Marc

Staff member
Admin
Howard:

I sure hope the software switch doesn't dampen the enthusiasm we've seen as of late. I know it will be a bit confusing at first.

S

Steven Sulkin

Great format Marc! I especially like the fact that you can see the original message and reply text on one screen.

In response to your comment about the rubber ducks, I hope that any users will repost to keep the momentum going.

S

Scott Knutson

Marc -
Love the new format. I really like how everything is right there in front of you.

Marc

Staff member
Admin
I was going to close the old forum completely to new posts but decided to leave it open for a while. I know it can feel strange to be going along nicely and all of a sudden log-on and everything is gone or changed. So - I'm sure the migration will happen. We'll get some good discussions going here. I'll close the other forum to posts in a week or two.

Thanks for the good words!

S

Steven Sulkin

Marc I did have one thought. It is harder to post because of the size of the text window. I appreciate the scroll bar, but the ability to view more of my message will help me to edit. Thanks

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Looking to Impress - New Job - Advice, Thoughts, Comments Welcome Career and Occupation Discussions 23
I What kind of wine best complements the Friday that you close out your external audit findings? Opinions are welcome. Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 12
Crusader New Forum Members... WELCOME! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
M Medical Device News Welcome / Bem-vindos! Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
A Welcome to the MedAccred Forum! MedAccred Industry Group Program 0
L Quality Assurance and Safety Day - I welcome suggestions Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 2
Marc Welcome Somashekar! Covegratulations 19
D Implement an ISO 9001 QMS in 3 months - Construction Company - Suggestions welcome ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 20
C Need help error proofing valve. All ideas welcome. Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 31
N You are welcome here! Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 0
Marc Welcome to Circuit City, where stupidity is state of the art World News 24
S Experience with Registrars - Canadian experiences are extremely welcome Registrars and Notified Bodies 32
D Welcome Back Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 33
R New forum software - Welcome back Jerry! General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
M Supplier Audits - Stop Wasting Everyone's Time! General Auditing Discussions 15
supadrai Auditing Organization dragging their heels on issuing our MDSAP Surveillance Audit Confirmation Letter - everyone is nervous ... are we the only ones? Canada Medical Device Regulations 7
T Special Thanks to Everyone in this Forum! AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
D Good luck everyone on tomorrow's ASQ Exams - June 2014 Professional Certifications and Degrees 13
AnaMariaVR2 Why modern maps put everyone at the centre of the world Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
I Simplistic ISO 9001 Awareness for everyone ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 15
M Condolences to Everyone of Polish Ancestry Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 14
A Chaotic Industry, Poor Service From Almost Everyone Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 12
K General Term for Inspection Process of Sample Parts that everyone can understand Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 10
J Deadline Extension? New Excuse? Computer Enhancers for everyone Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 0
tsmith7858 AIB International takes a Hit for PCA Audit Reports but everyone is impacted Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 4
C Successful AS9100 Audit - Thank You to everyone here AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
J How is everyone else handling Machine Condition Standards? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
J Coming up with initial policies sufficient to get everyone headed on the right track ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
G Making everyone follow documentation (document control) policies Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 24
M Merry Christmas to Everyone! - 2007 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 39
J Thanks Everyone Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
C Can everyone in the company be responsible for quality? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 24
C We just completed our surveillance audit (17025:2005) - I wanted to thank everyone! ISO 17025 related Discussions 8
Wes Bucey Everyone has a chance! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 12
Marc In Case You Weren't Clear On How The US Telcos Screwed Everyone After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 8
I TS 16949 - What nonconformances has everyone seen from your audits? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
G How is everyone handling TS2 Clause 8.2.3.1 - Maintaining Process Capability IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
I Turtle maps and Flowcharts - How is everyone approaching Turtle maps and flowcharts? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 16
K Wishing Everyone A Very Happy 2002 New Year! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 13
M Is Everyone Happy? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 165
D I'm losing Management Support - I'm losing everyone else's interest Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 3
P How is everyone coming along with ISO/TS 16949 implimentation? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
D ISO 9000 Management Review in a Small Company - Everyone knows what's happening Management Review Meetings and related Processes 33
R Impact of changing manufacturer post clinical investigation CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
D Clothes changing in pharmaceutical factory Manufacturing and Related Processes 8
M Changing supplier of critical raw material (III class device) Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
K Changing the Address in 510(K) Approved Product 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
T AS9100 - Changing PEARs target AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 41
C FDA on changing acceptance criteria re: analytical method validation US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
V Statistical basis and justification while comparing / changing sampling plans Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 11