Welding Inspection Sampling - How to do?

M

mullanji

Hi guys,

I am a quality inspector in a pipe manufacturing industry with ERW Method.
How frequently shall I inspect the pipe, our machine works on 60 m/min?
Please help me. My industry work related to standards ASTM & BS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Welcome to the Cove! :bigwave:

Inspection sampling programs are typically set based on requirements of the industry the material is being used for.

What industries use your product?

M

mullanji

Welcome to the Cove! :bigwave:

Inspection sampling programs are typically set based on requirements of the industry the material is being used for.

What industries use your product?
my company produce pipes with ERW technic with varying sizes
1/2" to 8",on different mills,material is steel,how frequently shall i inspect the pipes.pipes are used for structural purpose some what in oil and gas field.
please help me according to any standard procedure....
thank you.

Ron Rompen

Trusted Information Resource
There are a variety of standard procedures relating to tube and pipe manufacturing. The one most familiar to me is the SAE J526 standard, which applies to single-wall low carbon steel tubing intended for general automotive applications. This probably doesn't apply to you (your pipe size is much larger) however there will be ASTM standards as well which would apply.

Your customer is also a valuable resource for this type of information. What standards or methods of compliance do they mandate?

P

pearsonow

I would ask you customer what there requirements are and then build a plan round that.

once you have establish the requirements you should also know What to test for, as well as how often. Having done inspection in pipe bending and welding, be very careful if asked to do pressure testing - if something fails at high pressure, you will know about it!

Olly

Top Bottom