Wes Bucey Presents! April 15 ASQ1212 meeting

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
On Thursday, April 15, 2010, I'll be substituting for the original main speaker with a new presentation. The location is in Buffalo Grove, Illinois, a suburb about 35 miles northwest of Chicago's Loop.

If you are an ASQ member or interested in becoming one, why not come out for a great meal and an even greater presentation to see for yourself what all the fuss is about whether Section meetings suck or not?

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Deming’s System of Profound Knowledge (SoPK) – the Key to Success in Change Management
By Wes Bucey

ASQ Section 1212, Northeastern Illinois

April 15, 2010

Pre-Meeting Clinic begins promptly at 5:30; Networking / Social from 6:00
Dinner is served 6:30; Main Presentation from 7:30-8:30 - For reservations, contact [email protected]
If you wish to attend without the meal, there will be a section reserved for non-dining guests
Pre-meeting clinic:

[FONT=&quot]Process Improvements for Admin Departments by Willie Carter [/FONT]
5:30 pm to 6:00 pm
Main Presentation:

7:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Deming’s System of Profound Knowledge (SoPK) – the Key to Success in Change Management
By Wes Bucey

Place: Arboretum Club

401 Half Day Rd. (Rt. 22 E. of Rt. 83), Buffalo Grove
Meeting: Free

Meal: $25.00

Wes Bucey, a long time member of ASQ from back in the days when it was ASQC, will help us understand how adopting and implementing Deming’s System of Profound Knowledge will help any organization achieve breakthrough success in process improvement, regardless of where an individual stands on the corporate ladder. For organizations engaged in Change Management or contemplating Change Management, SoPK is probably the single most important factor in implementing a successful Change.

Wes specializes in making a fun presentation with lots of audience participation. This will NOT be a snoring session with Wes reading his PowerPoint slides in a dull monotone.

Wes is semi-retired; his most recent full time posting was Quality Manager for an aerospace firm with facilities in the USA and France. Previously, he was Chief Operating Officer for a high tech contract machining company serving the aerospace and medical device industry. He is currently writing a book based on case studies of firms he is advising which have reached a crisis point and need help and advice to achieve the next plateau in their development.

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
I think Brad just wants tape of the social period (for blackmail or extortion purposes.)

Actually, since the latest economic recession began, few can afford enough alcohol to lose enough inhibition to dance naked on the tables. You'll notice I don't present until AFTER the audience has had an opportunity to loosen up with a beverage or two or three. (Sleepers and applauders - it all works out.)

Seriously - it's an hour presentation with slides, audience interaction, etc. It would require a 3 camera shoot. I don't have the resources to mount such a project on such short notice, but I would be willing to accommodate anyone who is willing to provide equipment and camera operators and a good editor to put it all together for a permanent record.

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Any of you Cove members planning to attend? If I'm not good, at least the dinners are great, the bartender competent, and there's plenty of free parking.

I note Randy is in town, but he appears to be booked solid for 8 to 10 hours per day training folks for those prodigious prices he commands and deserves! I, on the other hand, am a relatively cheap date!;)

Top Bottom