What are Process Characteristics

A

Andrews

Process characteristics

Can someone pls. give me some examples of process characteristics ? Can operator skill be a process characteristic? If so , what can be the control method?
Can we consider any of the 5M's as process characteristics?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

howste

Thaumaturge
Super Moderator
Are you referring to characteristics on control plans? :confused:

Here are a few examples:

Clean line or oven temperature
Speeds & feed rates
Pressure or other equipment settings

I believe that operator skill should be a requirement, but wouldn't be considered a process characteristic. Some of the 5Ms would be process characteristics - look at the examples I gave above.

A

Al Dyer

I would say that proper training could be a process characteristic. It is hard to get out of the mode that characteristics are solely dimensional.

I this case a control method might be ongoing testing to the standards and training provided to keep people up to date on current process requirements.

Al...

A

Al Dyer

We all call it what we want, but as an old timer I call it initial and ongoing training.

I still need more convincing before I could really believe that training is a characteristic and not an item that needs to be in place before the process is finalized. Can we assume in a process that we must rely on the thought that the previous step is labelled as effective?

Al...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Y Process Characteristics for Inspection and Storage FMEA and Control Plans 4
Q Choosing In-Process Inspection Characteristics Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 7
Z Pass-Though Characteristics in PFMEA (Process FMEA) FMEA and Control Plans 2
Q Identifying Critical Items and Key Characteristics - Product Realization Process AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
R Process to use Special Characteristics as FMEA Inputs IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
D Establishing Key Process Characteristics (KPC's) Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 6
C How to define Process Special Characteristics (SC) FMEA and Control Plans 4
M Non Normal Data Managing - Clements Method to get Process Characteristics Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
L Contents of PPAP Control Plan - Product & Process Characteristics? FMEA and Control Plans 10
P Must Key Product/Process Characteristics (KPC's) always be variables? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 11
S Process Control Plans: Product Characteristics vs. Process Characteristics Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 7
K Where to put Product and Process Characteristics on the Control Plan. FMEA and Control Plans 1
S Product Characteristics vs. Process Characteristics in FMEA FMEA and Control Plans 5
C If there are no critical characteristics must I supply process capability APQP and PPAP 2
D FMEA and Control Plan Characteristics Column - Product / Process Information FMEA and Control Plans 2
S Process Characteristics for small manual assembly - How to determine FMEA and Control Plans 5
A Flowchart - Incoming Sources of Variation, Product and Process Characteristics QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 5
G Capability - Process vs Product - Look at process characteristics to improve product? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 16
M How to identify Special Process Characteristics in FMEA FMEA and Control Plans 7
D QS-9000 Clause 4.2.3.2 - Special Characteristics on process flow diagrams APQP and PPAP 4
Marc Run Charts - Plots of process characteristics against time or sequence Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
C Differentiating between Process and Product Characteristics in Control Plans FMEA and Control Plans 1
J Process FMEA Template with examples. FMEA and Control Plans 0
D Questions regarding process validation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
D Question regarding ECO process, specifically for Life Science products and defining form fit and function ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
P Managing How PPAP Requirements are Communicated in the Manufacturing Process and to Suppliers APQP and PPAP 4
I Control Plan (Product/Process specification/ Tolerance) acceptance FMEA and Control Plans 27
L Process changes and biocompatibility (ISO 10993-1) Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
A Validation of Forced Aeration Process ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
R Error Proofing Label process Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
B New Release of CQI-12 Coatings Process (Revision 3- Release date- 7/2020) Customer and Company Specific Requirements 2
D Layered Process Audits - FCA 9.2.2 - Exemption Clause? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
B ISO 11607-2 "Critical Parameter" vs. "Process Parameter" Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
Q Example Process orientation to the process leadership, management, goals (tasks of the top management) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
S Process Inspection -Sub assembly process inspection sheet Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 3
T ISO 13485 8.3 - Non-Conforming Materials - on-line rework or part of process? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
T Outsourced process in ISO 45001 Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 2
L Manufacturing Process Audit Help IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
T Formal Q Self Assessment - Problem with assigning Product and Process Customer and Company Specific Requirements 1
K Problems with process equipment ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
W Need for current design or process control FMEA and Control Plans 2
M Hiring Decisions - How much effort do you put into the hiring process these days? (7/2020) Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 6
hockeyhead Existing process never included in AS9100 scope of certification AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
A What is the difference between Design Process, Process Design and Design Control? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
V Process, component or full product re-qualification: leaded to unleaded solder Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 8
C Refreshing an old and boring topic - Job descriptions and Roles vs Process Documentation ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 38
R Where does IATF 16949 address Process mapping? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
C OEE and In-process Inspection Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
S Effective nonconforming process for AS9100 8.7 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
T ISO 13485 - Process validation at critical suppliers ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7