What are the criteria for setting a target KPI value against a quality objective?

Ashok sunder

Starting to get Involved
Do you have an example of what your objectives are?

Thank you,

1. RMA DPPM
2. First Pass Process Yield
3. Customer compliant times
4. Customer Satisfaction Index
5. Pass Rate Of GRR Training For QC
6. Rate Of Versatile QC
7. Improvements
8. IQC LRR (lot reject rate) %

somashekar

Leader
Admin
Hi Ashok...
Do you also know where you stand now on these objectives... like for example your 2. First pass process yield currently is 85%.
I also don't understand what is your 7. Improvements as an objective.

Randy

Super Moderator
In answer to your actual question, there is no criteria, so do what works for you. Just make sure you set a valid performance indicator for the objective if that's what you choose to do.

Ashok sunder

Starting to get Involved
Hi Ashok...
Do you also know where you stand now on these objectives... like for example your 2. First pass process yield currently is 85%.
I also don't understand what is your 7. Improvements as an objective.
Thanks sir
Pls share the quality objective List
it is helpful for me.
I understand from your message,
based on past yield data, i need to fix the yield target.

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
There are 3 ways to do this. The most common way is to randomly assign some target that doesn’t take into account what the business needs or the availability and ability of the resources needed to achieve the target. This never works unless the target Is so ‘wimpy’ as to be achievable simply by hoping for normal variation and cherry picking the ‘before’ and ‘after’ time point. This approach is not improvement, it’s just waste.

Targets should be set either by what the business actually needs or by prioritizing the metrics in order of effect on the business. Make sure you have the resources and they have the skills and leadership support to achieve the targets.

remember there are 4 ways to achieve a target:
1. Negotiate the target so that it’s easy to ‘achieve’
2. Negotiate how the metric is measured to make it easy to ‘achieve’. This is also known as ‘manipulating the data’.
3. Lie
4. Actually improve the process performance

Top Bottom